X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toto03411
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Suite] Step 2 error - cannot connect to database with version 4.0.4

Okay, this is my first time working with a forum, much less vBulletin. I have everything set up as it said in the readme file, and I've set the properties in config.php to my database name, username, password, ect. However, when I try to install the forum, this happens at step 2:

Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysqli_real_connect() [function.mysqli-real-connect]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'xxx' @ 'xxxx.xxxx.com' (using password: YES) /home/xxx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1265
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing works. I'm positive I'm using the right username and password, and I've tried both the one for my hosting service and for my database. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You need to check the permissions that you've given that database user. If you need any help with that, please contact your host.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• sadon
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.0.x

i had this problem and i fixed it by changing the serever name to localhost

Comment