Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dad2paisley
    • Feb 2009

[Suite] 4.0.1 upgrade to 4.0.4

I am having trouble doing this upgrade and step by step instructions.
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Admin CP > Settings > Options > Turn vB On/Off > Turn it off

Unpack all files from the compressed package that you downloaded from the members area. Delete install.php from /install/ dir and config.php.new, as well as the /images/ dir, you don't need them for this. Upload all files in the /upload/ directory of the 4.0.4 files to your public_html dir/wherever your forums are.

Run the upgrade script (www.yourforums.com/install/upgrade.php) - change that to suit your forum setup. Insert your customer number, follow the script through.

Edit: when you've finished all that, repeat the process followed to turn off vB, but turn it on.

Comment

• dad2paisley
      • Feb 2009

i use hostgator. so i have to upload it there

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Upload via FTP to where you uploaded the original installation files.

Comment

• dad2paisley
          • Feb 2009

ok. I had someone do this for me on the other upgrades, but know he's not available.

Comment

• wcguy
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

RTFM, first.

Google terms you don't understand, second. (you can google RTFM if you don't know what that means).

Watch youtube videos of kids installing vbulletin, third, for example here...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTa0F...eature=related
            Fourth, read the instructions on the home page of vbulletin.com cms..... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...e-Instructions

Fifth, when you have a specific failure point, stuck on terminology, ask questions here!

Comment

• borbole
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by dad2paisley
              ok. I had someone do this for me on the other upgrades, but know he's not available.
              Upgrading is easy. Follow the instructions mentioned several posts above and you should be all set. Although it would be best to first make a thorough backup of your db and make a dry upgrade run at your test forum.

Comment

• dad2paisley
                • Feb 2009

Thanks all for your help will do

Comment

• Steviie
                  • Jun 2010

I followed this but when I log in with my customer number i just was installing 4.0.3 again. In my directory I have the complete /upload/ folder from the 4.0.4 folder...do i need to delete all the others files I already had, it looks redundant

Comment

• icarusforde
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Just upload the entire set of files, it will install through vB4.0.2 first, then 4.0.3, then 4.0.4 if this still hasn't been done.

Comment