• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdamCap
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Upgrade from 3.8.4 to 4.0.3 Issue / Error

Hi there,

I just upgraded my vbulletin installation from 3.8.4 to 4.0.3. The script ran smoothly and I got the to point where it completed and I was given a log-in form to the Admin CP.

I tried to log in, then I got a database error with this message:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: google_siteadsearch in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3957

When I tried the direct link to my forums, this is the error e-mailed to me:

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4:

Invalid SQL:
    select * from sixprizestyle where styleid = or styleid = 1 ORDER BY styleid ASC;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'or styleid = 1 ORDER BY styleid ASC' at line 1
    Error Number : 1064
    Request Date : Tuesday, June 1st 2010 @ 01:16:19 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, June 1st 2010 @ 01:16:19 PM
    Script : http://www.sixprizes.com/boards//cal...=7&language=ru
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 66.249.67.236
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    MySQL Version :

Any advice? Is my forum lost?
  • Carnage-
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.8.x

did you disable your plugins and products before upgrading?
    Some of my Mods:
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
    Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• AdamCap
      • Dec 2009
      • 3.8.x

No, I did not. I followed the instructions included with the readme file here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

It never said to disable them.

What should I do at this point?

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Can you now access your site? If so, you'll need to disable/uninstall the modifications you have installed as they won't be compatible with 4.0.3. Once you've done this, you can then remove that line from the config.php file and install up-to-date versions of your mods.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AdamCap
          • Dec 2009
          • 3.8.x

You da man Trevor.

Do I need to make any changes to my old templates? I'm looking and it says they are incompatible right now...is it best to start from scratch with the 4.0 template?

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

You will need to start from scratch I'm afraid. The Syntax used in the new templates is completely different to the old way so custom styling won't work. You can keep the old styles there for the moment as reference points but once you're done styling your site, delete the old ones.

For some guides on styling, take a look at the articles here:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...