Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Okuma Steve
    • May 2010

[Forum] Adding suite/cms to forum 4.0.3

I started with just the forum software 2 weeks ago, and now I want to add the entire suite.

I bought it yesterday, but I am not sure what to do. Is a reinstall necessary or is there a way to just add the features on.

Sorry, all this is completely new to me.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Upload the new files to your server and run finalupgrade.php in your install directory. It will install the CMS and Blog for you without touching anything else.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Okuma Steve
      • May 2010

Since I'm currently running v4.0.3, can I just skip running upgrade.php and run finalupgrade.php as you suggested.

Can I do this while the site is live or should I close it while "upgrading"?

Should I disable plugins (the only one I have installed is iTrader)?

Just can't believe it is as easy as you said, just want to make sure!
      Last edited by Okuma Steve; Tue 1 Jun '10, 5:32pm.

Comment

• Carnage-
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.8.x

The blog and cms are just products like itrader is; running finialupgrade.php is a simpler way of installing them.

You should close your forums and make a backup of the database and files before performing any upgrade.

Disabling plugins will help stop things from going wrong but shouldn't be needed in the case of upgrades within the 4.0 series.
        Some of my Mods:
        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
        Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
        Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

If you run upgrade.php, it'll detect that it's got the latest version installed and skip to finalupgrade.php anyway...
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Okuma Steve
            • May 2010

Everything installed fine, thanks for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...