• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andres Kello
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Problems with RSS Feeds Manager after upgrading to vB4.0

Hello,

I've just upgraded to vB 4.0 (vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 1) from vB 3.8.2.

At first glance, everything seemed to have gone smoothly. I was getting a few PHP Warnings at the beginning, but I then disabled all the Plugins and they all went away.

However, after adding a few RSS Feeds, I clicked "Run Scheduled Tasks Now" and got the following error:

Please complete both the subject and message fields.
    I double-checked the feeds and they were all fine. I was even able to preview them without any problems.

The only post I could find related to this problem was this one: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=21002

I tried what it suggested but it did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Do you still have all your plugins disabled and are you using totally default vbulletin files?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Andres Kello
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Do you still have all your plugins disabled and are you using totally default vbulletin files?
      Yes and yes.

Comment

• Andres Kello
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.6.x

Hello again,

I just wanted to follow up to see if any of the vBulletin staff know how to resolve this issue?

This is quite urgent as I cannot re-open my forum until this problem is resolved.

Thank you.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

And what do you have in your subject and message fields?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Andres Kello
            • Jun 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            And what do you have in your subject and message fields?
            That's just it, I don't know what "subject and message fields" the RSS Feed is referring to. When setting up an RSS Feed, there is no Subject or Message field, which makes this error that much more puzzling.

All I'm doing is pressing the "Run Scheduled Tasks Now" button in the RSS Feeds Manager page. Before the Upgrade, it would just update the feeds. After the Upgrade, I'm getting that error message and NONE of the RSS Feeds (old and new) are running.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Andres Kello
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.6.x

FYI, here is a screenshot of the error I'm getting: http://i46.tinypic.com/e03n7s.png

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Go to RSS Feeds > Add New RSS Feed (or Edit the Feed) > and make sure you have something in the Title Template (subject) and Body Template (message). Leave it as default at first when checking it out.

Comment

• Andres Kello
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 3.6.x

This issue has been confirmed as a new undiscovered Bug in vb4.0.2 by Tech Support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...