Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbart04
    • Mar 2006

[Suite] Big Board Upgrade

My site has over 1 million posts and someone mentioned I might have to do something different due to the size of my site.

I just want to make sure I know what to expect or if there is something I need to do before hand before upgrading. Or if it's not as bad as this person mentioned.

Thanks

• borbole
    • Feb 2010

With a board that big, my advice to you, if I may of course, would be to first of all make a thorough backup of your db and then restore it the test forum to make sure that it works. Then upgrade first the test forum again so you will know what to expect from the upgrade and/or vb 4. But whatever you make a thorogh backup of your db.

Here you can find the upgrade instructions for vb4X.

Comment

• jbart04
      • Mar 2006

That's what I'm currently doing, but before I do the test upgrade, I want to make sure that there isn't anything that I'm not thinking of.

I also have daily backups, so the backups are no problem. I believe what I was told is that the server may time out with a post index so large...so if that's the case, I want to figure out if there is anything I need to do to prevent that from happening.

Comment