X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoKidneys
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Suite] Upgrading from 384 to 401

When upgrading from v384 to 4.01. Do I just run the 4.01 upgrade script and run through?

Before I begin Upgrade from 384 to 401, is the following correct:

Pre Upgrade:

1. Disable any Plugins
    2. Backup database

Upgrade:

1. Transfer v401 upload directory to server ( Do I overwrite only if newer files or overwrite all files) ?
    2. What about the config file. The current config.php is for 384. Do I have to do anything with the config file or just use the current one that was already there?
    3. Run upgrade Script

Can I create a new directory and upload a clean copy of the vb401 files and then run the upgrade script connecting to my dB. This would leave the files for the 384 untouched.

Is there anything else I need to do or be aware of?

thanks,
    nk
    Last edited by NoKidneys; Fri 29 Jan '10, 4:47pm.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The config file hasn't changes with this update so this can remain in place. Your plan looks OK though.

I would use a new directory and leave the files in place - if someone goes to the existing directory and tries to access your forum, they're going to come across all sorts of problems... Best to backup the files as well in case you want/need them afterwards.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• NoKidneys
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

When you say add files to a new directory, do you mean upload the vb401 files to its own directory without overwriting any of the 384 files it its directory, then run the upgrade script?

nk

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Sorry, typo.... What I meant was I wouldn't use a new directory. My apologies.
        Vote for:

Comment

• NoKidneys
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

Thanks Trevor,

Should I overwirte the files if newer when transfering the upload directory over to the server?

Comment

• Almokla
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by NoKidneys
            Thanks Trevor,

Should I overwirte the files if newer when transfering the upload directory over to the server?

I have exactly the same Qs..

I have some mods so I will upload and overwrite. I have backed up the whole website and will let you know how it goes..

I'm following the steps in your OP

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

When upgrading you should overwrite ALL files. The config.php file doesn't exist in the download package so will no be overwritten (the config.php.new file should be removed though).
              Vote for:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...