Excuse my ignorance, why is it so hard to find information on a 4.0 upgrade to 4.0.01

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathewka010
    • Jan 2010

[Forum] Excuse my ignorance, why is it so hard to find information on a 4.0 upgrade to 4.0.01

Hi All,

I upgraded 4.0 to patch level 4.0.1 and I'm experiencing error messages whereby the admin home page does not open and my forum access is in accessible.

How can I upgrade from Beta 4.0 Gold Suite to Gold Suite 4.0.1?

Do I need to update my config.php files and any other files necessary to implement upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

Mat
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

What error messages are you receiving?

The config file has not changed for many versions now so there is no need to update that during a vB4 to vB4 upgrade.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• mathewka010
      • Jan 2010

Hi Trevor,

I replaced =>includes=>functions.php & =>includes=>functions.php file back to the original files of the Beta 4.0 version.

I do not yet have any add ons or third party applications, what is the correct procedure to upgrade from Beta 4.0 version Gold Suite to 4.0.1 version Gold Suite.

Thanks for your response Mat

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Upload all the files from the 'upload' directory of 4.0.1 to your server. Run yourdomain.com/install/upgrade.php and follow the steps to the end.

Comment

• mathewka010
          • Jan 2010

When you upload these files, do I not need to overwite them, therefore I will need to update my config.php file?

Thanks Mat

Comment

• Pope Viper
            • Mar 2006

Your config file does not get modified after the initial installation, and does not get overwritten when uploading the 4.0.1 files.

Just upload the files, and overwrite anything existing, then run the /install/upgrade.php.

Comment

• mathewka010
              • Jan 2010

Are you telling me not to upload the config.php file? If I do upload the files, my ftp manager Filezilla ask me if I want to overwrite new files, updated files etc?

I hear what your saying, but am confused if I dont overwirte the files their will be a double up of files on my server?

Thanks

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by mathewka010
                Are you telling me not to upload the config.php file? If I do upload the files, my ftp manager Filezilla ask me if I want to overwrite new files, updated files etc?
                In a standard vBulletin download, the file includes/config.php does not exist. It is named config.php.new and will not overwrite config.php.
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• mathewka010
                  • Jan 2010

oh there you have it, I was still thinking I had too change the files. My brain finally registers! Thanks for everyone's help, will back up file and upgrade new script! Cheers Mat :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...