X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FxGUNNER
    • Jan 2010

[Suite] CMS Fatal Error

Hello,

I have looked around the forums for a fix to my issue and have not found one that has worked for me yet.
    I apologize if this is a re-post.

I had initially bought just the 4.0 Forums, recently I did the upgrade to the full 4.0 Publishing Suite.
    The upgrade went fine as far as I knew. I had included the DISABLE HOOK string in the config.php file.
    When I removed the Hook from the config.php file, the CMS came up with a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first() on a non-object in /home7/fxgaming/public_html/forums/packages/vbcms/controller/content.php(84) : eval()'d code on line 2
    I have disabled then uninstalled all plug-ins, except for the CMS and Blogs. I still get the Fatal Error code whenever I remove the DISABLE HOOK string. I have re-installed the files a few times and still have the same problem.

Is there any solution to this?
  • otlbin1
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

I have the exact same error code:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first() on a non-object in /home/ironran/public_html/Forums/packages/vbcms/controller/content.php(84) : eval()'d code on line 2

The forums are ok, (all data and posts intact), and the blog looks like it installed ok as well. But when I click on the home tab I get the fatal error.
    I have purchased the Suite. Upgraded from 3.8.4

Comment

• otlbin1
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.6.x

Got it working.

Gunner- I was having the same issue, but read around some more and found a post by Lynne that helped:

That is from a modification using the global_start hook location.

Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.
      I still had a product active on the Plugin Manager that wasnt CMS or Blog. I disabled and my CMS works now.

Hope this helps

Comment

• FxGUNNER
        • Jan 2010

Perfect!
        Thank you so much for finding that for our problem!

How does this work now that everything is disabled? Can I now install Plug-ins normally?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...