X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birute
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Suite] Suite Gold & version copyright.

I purchased the vBulletin Suite Gold and when I received the notice the Gold version was released, I downloaded the only option that was available in the members area, Candidate 4.
    I installed this in a test area and the patch 1.
    The problem I am having is the version noted at the bottom of test Suite says "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Release Candidate 4 Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved." Even thought the patch included the version php. Shouldn't this say Version 4.0.1?
    Also, since my only option for download was Candidate 4, where do I find the latest Gold Version 4.0.0 if in the members download area the expanded list has the patch listed first, then Candidate 4 (unstable), then Candidate 2 (unstable) etc.
    This forum is using the Gold Version ... "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0
    Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved."
    What am I missing or am I just having a blonde moment?
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

If you downloaded V4.0.0 installed and then downloaded 4.0.0 PL1 you need to run finalupgrade.php from the install directory then you see Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Patch Level 1
    in the admincp but you will not see it on the public side of the suite.

Comment

• Birute
      • Nov 2008
      • 3.7.x

Thank you we_are_borg, I re-did all the finalupgrade.php and checked in admincp for any new template updates. It was all done but the public side of the suite still displays "Version 4.0.0 Release Candidate 4".

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

The gold version doesn't have 'Gold' beside it as this is just a reference to it being launched as a stable version. You need to look for and download the version that has no reference to Alpha, Beta or Release Candidate after it. (sorry, can't access Members Area from where I am at the moment to see exactly what it says...)
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Birute
          • Nov 2008
          • 3.7.x

Thanks Trevor, I have installed the patch L1 and my download options don't show anything other than the patch or Candidates. Here is a screen shot of my download options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	candidate4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	3677463

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Patch Level 1 is the one you want. That's the Gold version with the added security patch.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...