X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cnutter
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.8.x

[Suite] Fyi - vb staff

OK, I just downloaded vb4.0 gold and I have a small issue from the start. When you unzip and extract it. The vb4_readme.html is nothing more than the vb3.0_readmehtml renamed. IF the install process or upgrade process is nay different this could be a issue. Just saying it's a bit sloppy to release things incomplete. Someone needs to check it.
    yawn... I am bored....
  • pingme
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

What I have seen, documentation is not yet updated anywhere across 4.x series.

Comment

• cnutter
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.8.x

Yep, looks like it but I figured I would put it out there for them. Just in case its been over looked.
      yawn... I am bored....

Comment

• cbiweb
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.1.x

It was put out there a hundred times last night. I believe they know about it now.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• vauge
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cnutter
          Just saying it's a bit sloppy to release things incomplete. Someone needs to check it.
          That is now SOP [Standard Operating Procedure] around here, we have to get used to it.
          ??

Comment

• IDN
            • Apr 2002
            • 3.5.x

Because just because it's claimed as gold, doesn't mean it's not still in beta.

They rushed the release.
            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by IDN
              Because just because it's claimed as gold, doesn't mean it's not still in beta.

They rushed the release.
              and just because we have a search feature on the forums, doesn't mean anyone actually uses it
              this 3.0 readme has been mentioned and the staff knows about it.
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• mmcgann11
                • Apr 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cnutter
                Just saying it's a bit sloppy to release things incomplete. Someone needs to check it.
                Dude, look at the code. Whole hunks of it remain missing, incomplete and/or broken. What we have here is an early beta, not a shipping product. Aren't you glad you spent cash money for it?
                Former tech Magazine editor and Codies judge. So having annoyed Sony and Microsoft for fun (and profit -- and readers), don't think I don't enjoy running roughshod over boutique software developers and corporate empty suit marketing weasels.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...