• Show
Clear All
  • The Gismo Man
    • Apr 2008

[Suite] Blog & CMS Error During Install

I get the following errors when installing the gold release suite

Step 5) Install/Upgrade Blog

Installing product file...

A conflict was detected in the bitfields. You cannot continue with the installation of this product until this has been fixed. The conflicts found were:

Bitfield Collision: canpostnonmembergroup = canalwayspostmessage

Product was not installed, please contact vBulletin support for assistance

-----------------------------------------

Step 6) Install/Upgrade CMS

Installing product file...

A conflict was detected in the bitfields. You cannot continue with the installation of this product until this has been fixed. The conflicts found were:

Bitfield Collision: canpostnonmembergroup = canalwayspostmessage

Product was not installed, please contact vBulletin support for assistance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then when trying to access the adminCP i get the following:-

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT SUM(filesize) AS size FROM nms_vbattachment;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'filesize' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Tuesday, December 22nd 2009 @ 12:09:51 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, December 22nd 2009 @ 12:09:51 PM
    Script : http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/ removed for security
    Referrer : http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/removed for security
    IP Address : removed for security
    Username : The Gismo Man
    Classname :
    MySQL Version : 4.1.22-log
    https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

In your database error message, it usually says at the top what version of vbulletin it thinks the database has been upgraded to. If it says 4.x, then that error is from a plugin since there is no filesize field in the attachment table in vB4.

Did you disable all your plugins via the config.php file prior to upgrading?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• The Gismo Man
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Lynne
      In your database error message, it usually says at the top what version of vbulletin it thinks the database has been upgraded to. If it says 4.x, then that error is from a plugin since there is no filesize field in the attachment table in vB4.

Did you disable all your plugins via the config.php file prior to upgrading?
      Thanks for your resposne, i have no plug ins installed whatsoever and here is the top section of the error:-

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.0:

Invalid SQL:
      SELECT SUM(filesize) AS size FROM nms_vbattachment;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'filesize' in 'field list'

I am receiving ticket support for the problem and the upgrade script has been rectified.
      I was advised to remove any non VB files from my includes/xml directory, the only files in there were replicas of the suite extracted ones but were renamed *._old.xml, once i removed them leaving the VB files behind the upgrade script worked perfectly.

Only problem now is the error above.
      The admincp panel is all messed up and actually shows the options panel to the right of the screen, very weird.

Thanks again for your hekp
      https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Have you tried reuploading the files only make sure to Replace the directories instead of Merging with them (of course, make copies first incase there are files you later need).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
          • Apr 2008

Have you tried reuploading the files only make sure to Replace the directories instead of Merging with them (of course, make copies first incase there are files you later need).
          You know something Lynne, i was so adamant that i had uploaded all the files because i am very careful when i do that, that i totally dismissed your reply.
          However, having slept on the problem and made a fresh start this morning i decided to check the total files that needed moved over, big lesson learned, i had not uploaded all the files, i was circa 300 files short.
          For your info, i always overwrite when uploading, but, a timely reminder.

So, a big thank you for your reminder, forums now up and running again, i just need to switch off the blog and cms until my members (and me) understand how those features will work)

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Glad you figured it out.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
              • Apr 2008

Glad you figured it out.
              So am I

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...