Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southernlady
    • May 2005
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] After having a fit with 500 errors, got it upgraded, now a new glitch

I figured out my 500 errors, see my post here.

Then I went to check the front of my forum to see what it looked like and it was a MESS!!!! I had already gotten my themes out of there and thanks to the message I had when I finished the install, I deleted the vb3 default theme.

So I went into my image folder and deleted all the extra folders in there. Then decided to just delete the entire folder and upload it again.

I still have a mess.

Here are screenshots of the forum as it looks right now. NO WAY this could go live. HELP!!!! Liz

Secret City Designs
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Make a new style, and change to that, hard refresh your page. Fix it up?

Comment

• southernlady
      • May 2005
      • 4.0.x

Well, I downloaded a style from vb.org since I hadn't had a chance to learn how to code a vb4 one yet. But did a hard refresh, nothing, so I loaded it into a different browser and still nothing...it's still all messed up.

I'm thinking this isn't looking good.

Liz
      Secret City Designs

Comment

• Michael König
        • May 2001
        • 3.6.x

Maybe the file "css.php" (forum root) is missing or not accessible?

Comment

• southernlady
          • May 2005
          • 4.0.x

It's there, but what CMOD permissions? I have it at what it uploaded at: 664.
          Just in case, I uploaded again. I use Winscp as my ftp, in SFTP mode. Liz
          Secret City Designs

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Liz, were you upgrading from a Beta/RC version or installing from scratch?

If you upgraded, try deleting all files from your server and uploading the files again in case something has corrupted during the overwriting.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• southernlady
              • May 2005
              • 4.0.x

I was upgrading from vb 3.8.4 patched to vb 4 gold. I didn't install any of the betas/RC except as part of the gold upgrade.

I don't mind doing that on my test forum but that will play havoc with my live one when I go to upgrade it. I haven't even attempted it yet because I want to be sure the test one went well and to make some themes first.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Liz
              Secret City Designs

Comment

• southernlady
                • May 2005
                • 4.0.x

Okay, that didn't fix it. I deleted all the files on the server and uploaded all the version 4 GOLD files so all it has now are version 4...nothing else.

I don't know what to say but as it stands now, I don't see how I can upgrade. This is a mess. I can't put this on a live site. Liz
                Secret City Designs

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Check the setting in here to make sure it's still correct:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details
                  Vote for:

Comment

• CrossEyedGamer
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3.8.x

after many issues with white pages I eventually got what you got. a mess. I sent a help ticket about that and some other issues and the only thing I have done over and over is reupload files and reupupgrade to 4.0. Upon doing so my site eventually have come around.

One thing I was told to do is run the suspect file tool under diagnostics in the admincp. I couldn't get to that at first but when I did, it shows a couple hundred files as not containing the correct contents. Some were not found at all. The other thing it shows is the files that have nothing to do with VB. Made it very easy for me to remove things I had missed.

the fun part is, I uploaded the files over 8 times to that point so why some where not there or had the right stuff makes no sense at all. I have spent hours on top of hours doing this process over and over and although my site shows at the /forums it does not show at my root www. That has more to do with all this CMS in the root and rewrite stuff.

anyway, I know this is not some super help for you but, keep trying the reupload of the files. Do one folder at a time and make sure they do in fact overwrite what is there. Or, as mentioned, delete any files mentioned as not there even though you see them and upload those.

Good luck.
                    Gamers socializing and having fun 24/7.
                    www.crosseyedgamer.com

Comment

• southernlady
                      • May 2005
                      • 4.0.x

JUST to log back into my admin panel and get to my Admin CP>Settings>Options>
                      I managed to throw ALL these 500 Errors and had to adjust EACH of these files/FOLDERS in my FTP to proceed!
                      /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:04:00 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: /admincp" is writeable by group, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:03:55 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] File does not exist: /500.shtml, referer: admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:03:55 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/admincp" is writeable by group, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:31 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] File does not exist: //500.shtml, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:31 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "//admincp/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:25 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] File does not exist: //500.shtml, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:25 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "//admincp/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:22 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] File does not exist: //500.shtml, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      [Tue Dec 22 19:02:22 2009] [error] [client 72.149.160.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "//admincp/options.php" is writeable by group, referer: /admincp/index.php?do=nav
                      HOW many OTHER files/folders were uploaded with the wrong CMOD permissions that I do NOT know about?

I have NOT changed my Winscp settings from the last time I did a forum upgrade WITH NO TROUBLE!!!!

Btw, AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details has not changed.

Liz
                      Secret City Designs

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Make sure that its set to the right URL. In the past it did not matter, now it does.

Comment

• southernlady
                          • May 2005
                          • 4.0.x

Zachery, it is. Liz
                          Secret City Designs

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Do you have a trailing slash at the end of the url? It should read:

www.mysite.com/forumdirectory

not

www.mysite.com/forumdirectory/
                            Vote for:

Comment

• southernlady
                              • May 2005
                              • 4.0.x

Sorry for my late response to this but we were traveling yesterday. There is not a slash behind the forum name. It looks like this one: www.mysite.com/forumdirectory
                              Liz
                              Secret City Designs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...