X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edesi
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Suite] functions.php error

Hi I am trying to upgrade from 3.8.4 patch level 1 to 4.0 suite. After the upgrade process completed without any errors I receive the following error when i call the domain.com/forums/forum.php
    Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [B][path]\includes\functions.php[/B] on line [B]3895[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [B][path]\includes\functions.php[/B] on line [B]3895[/B]

[B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in [B]C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mp3chor.net\httpdocs\c\includes\class_core.php(3900) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]52[/B]
    if i just type domain.com/forums in my browser then:
    Code:
    [B]Fatal error:[/B] vB_Database::Registry object is not an object in [B][path]\includes\vS_HHR_Engine.php[/B] on line [B]76[/B]
    if i do domain.com/forums/admincp it shows me the login boxes and after entering user and pass I hit enter then:
    Code:
    Mp3chor.net[B]Warning[/B]: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the  vB_Template class in [B][path]\includes\functions.php[/B] on line  [B]3895[/B]
                    [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php"][IMG]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/misc/vbulletin4_logo.gif[/IMG][/URL]
      [LIST][*][URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/register.php"]Register[/URL][*][URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/faq.php"]Help[/URL][/LIST]

Remember Me? 

[B]vBulletin Message[/B]

Unable to add cookies, header already  sent.
    File:  C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mp3chor.net\httpdocs\c\includes\class_core.php
    Line:  4372
    Last edited by edesi; Mon 21 Dec '09, 5:17pm.
  • ChopSuey
    • Apr 2009

You disable all hooks via config.php? that file looks like vS Hide Hack Resurrection file.

PHP Code:
    define ('DISABLE_HOOKS'true
    Add that after <? in config.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

I'm getting that when trying to login to my forums, too. I've tried adding that line in config, but it shows an error where I place it.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• edesi
        • Dec 2008
        • 3.7.x

same here
        Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in domain.net\httpdocs\c\includes\config.php on line 2

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The correct line to disable your plugins is this:
          PHP Code:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
            • May 2007
            • 3.6.x

Thanks, Wayne.

I added it and it changed nothing. I can see the mod that's causing the problem, but I can't get into the admincp to turn that and the others off. I'm stuck.
            s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Peter
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
              Thanks, Wayne.

I added it and it changed nothing. I can see the mod that's causing the problem, but I can't get into the admincp to turn that and the others off. I'm stuck.
              try this ...

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'1); 

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                • May 2007
                • 3.6.x

Negative.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                  • Apr 2009

Try a new fresh install.........then import db. Delete install.php then run upgrade script.

Comment

• Hotpuppy
                    • May 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Wow you are brave... it looks like you are running this on IIS.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ak Worm
                      Try a new fresh install.........then import db. Delete install.php then run upgrade script.
                      Will do. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
                      Wow you are brave... it looks like you are running this on IIS.
                      I wish I knew what that meant.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                        • May 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Somehow I got it to work.

I added that line to the config page, went into the admincp and uninstalled my mods, deleted my incompatible styles, and changed my default style.

After all that, it looks normal.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...