Upgrade to 4.0 Gold from 3.7.3 Patch Level 1?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikhailtech
    • Aug 2002

[Suite] Upgrade to 4.0 Gold from 3.7.3 Patch Level 1?

What's the proper protocol for upgrading to 4.0 Gold from 3.7.3 PL1? Can I just back up the database, delete all the files, upload new files, modify the config file and run the upgrade script? Or do I need to upgrade to a 3.8.x version first?
  • ChopSuey
    • Apr 2009

If you read the other thread, the 4.0 upgrade will take you through 3.8 then to 4.0.

Backup files & DB, disable all hooks via config.php then upload, delete install.php then run upgrade script.
    Sounds easy doesnt it?

Comment

• Antivirus
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.8.x

typically all upgrade scripts take you through upgrading to whatever versions lie in between your current installation and target version. For instance, If you're running version 3.8.1, and upgrading to version 4.0.0, the upgrade scripts will take you though 3.8.2, then 3.8.3, then 3.8.4, then upgrade through the 4.0 versions to 4.0.0.
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Eclipse Records - independent record company focused on active rock & alternative metal music
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Streetcult Street Team Marketing - grassroots marketing, promotion, consulting, & digital distribution

Comment

• Mikhailtech
        • Aug 2002

Thanks ... been a while since I did this. In order to not have any leftover files, I'm assuming it's entirely safe to delete all the current files in the /forum directory (custom files notwithstanding) before uploading all of the new VB4 files (as opposed to just overwriting files and ending up with some older ones that are no longer in use)?

Comment

• ChopSuey
          • Apr 2009

Just overwrite all of them delete install.php then run upgrade script.

Be sure to backup files & db before overwriting.

Comment

• steven s
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mikhailtech
            Thanks ... been a while since I did this. In order to not have any leftover files, I'm assuming it's entirely safe to delete all the current files in the /forum directory (custom files notwithstanding) before uploading all of the new VB4 files (as opposed to just overwriting files and ending up with some older ones that are no longer in use)?
            Except for your attachments, sigpics and avatars.
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Mikhailtech
              • Aug 2002

All of those are disabled on my board so not a problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...