Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netsultants
    • Oct 2007

[Suite] Installing VB forum 3.8 to VB Suite 4.0

I have downloaded the zip file for the suite and reviewed the readme file. It seems it's the same as version 3.x and is not specific to version 4.0.

Couple of questions:

1. Can someone confirm that the steps in the readme file apply to ver 4.0?

2. I installed the VB forum software in a folder called "forum" on my website because VB was the forum section. My idea with the suite was to make the cms page my homepage. Does that mean I have to place all the files in the root dir? What is the install procedure to have the main page be the homepage and the forum be in the folder /forum?
  • ChopSuey
    • Apr 2009

They all have to be within /forum if you have it there.

Comment

• radmoose
      • Jul 2006
      • 4.1.x

From what I understand ALL vBulleting Suite sections (CMS, Blogs, Forum) go into the same directory.

So if the /forum directory would contact all of them as opposed to having a /CMS, /BLOGS and /FORUM directory structure.

If you put it in your root directory, the would still all be in there. If you have an existing /forum directory that you upgrade, then everything will be under /forum.
      R. Moose
      vBulletin 4.1.x Suite

Comment

• ChopSuey
        • Apr 2009

then when if you use Mod Re-Write friendly URL's it will be /forum/content/ | /forum/blogs/ | /forum/threads/ | /forum/members/

And so on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...