Wait for new ImpEx?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MXjunk127
    • May 2005

I did the dumb thing of assuming there would be an Impex released with 4, and telling everyone I would upgrade January first....I was going to upgrade my phpbb 2.0 forum to 4, as well as merge another phpbb 3.0 forum...So, how is this for an upgrade plan?

1. Close main forums for posting, Export DB from old slow server, switch DNS to give it time to propigate to the new server.
    2. Import DB into a Vbulletin 3.8 temporary forum/DB on test server
    3. Merge other phpbb forums into the 3.8 DB using the old impex
    4. Export that Vbulletin 3.8 DB from test server
    5. Import DB onto production server (with 3.8 already installed?)
    4. upgrade to Vbulletin 4.0
    5. reorganize forums
    6. check usergroup and forum permissions
    7. Open up for posting

???

Comment

• ODDBALL118
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kwallace
      Reminds me of a saying I leanrt at work "Urgent requirement on your behalf does not require immediate action on mine"

I think some are being a bit harsh with this, in the scope of things if they release the impex a week after delivering the first version of the software that's pretty good. I would hav always thought that the impex would be delivered after the first release as foreign board conversions probably don't make up a large part of the new customer base.
      Urgent requirement???? How about being a paying customer and looking for the tools needed to run this software correctly. We are not asking for anything special or extra.

Comment

• kwallace
        • Nov 2009

Your a paying customer for a new VB4, you have it. I didn't see anywhere that obliged VB to give you a new impex at the same time the VB4, that which you paid for, was to be released.

If i'm mistaken, please direct me and I'll join your chorus as I too am waiting for it with my IPB3.

Comment

• ODDBALL118
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kwallace
          Your a paying customer for a new VB4, you have it. I didn't see anywhere that obliged VB to give you a new impex at the same time the VB4, that which you paid for, was to be released.

If i'm mistaken, please direct me and I'll join your chorus as I too am waiting for it with my IPB3.
          How's your singing voice... straight from the main page:

Import facility - import posts and members seamlessly upgrade from other bulletin board systems, including Infopop's Ultimate Bulletin Board, UBBThreads, OpenTopic, ezboard, and Ikonboard

Comment

• PharaohsVizier
            • Nov 2009

Not to mention they mentioned on the forum repeatedly that impex will be implemented, though a date was never specified. I don't particularly need it anymore, but still, they definitely need to be a little more open with this. All we hear is it'll happen in the future, we'll work on it, etc. I mean if they gave us a time frame, or even a progress report, it would be much appreciated. If it really was going to be released within a week of gold or even within a month, I don't think they'd have a problem stating that, but all this dodging sort of tells us otherwise.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

it's alsways been stated on these forums that Impex won't be ready for the Gold release. There is also an import path in the meantime ( -> 3.8.4 -> 4.0 ) which works until such time as the newer version of Impex is released.

It's also been stated elsewhere that this is currently being worked on and will be available soon along with a CMS importer.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Firstly, cut out the name calling...

Secondly, please see the updated Sticky in the Impex Forum:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• PharaohsVizier
                  • Nov 2009

Thank you so much Trevor.

That's all I wanted, some sort of official announcement.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...