Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katsu4649
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] Wait for new ImpEx?

I'm eager to 'upgrade' from phpBB3 to vB 4.0.0 (I've been in beta for a while now) and have done a few test imports over the various releases. All seems to be fine, but with the imported threads my mysql database error e-mail (The cinfig option where you can choose to have database errors sent to your e-mail) would occasionally send out some errors although the threads don't seem to be broken at all.
    So basically, will these things be easily fixed (Since I really have no idea what the issue here is, although maybe I should), is it because I'm using the vB3 ImpEx (As a newer one isn't available at this time), or are these serious errors that are just waiting to explode.
    All help is greatly appreciated!
    Here is one of the e-mails I recieved (They all contain essentially the same thing):
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.0.0 Beta 5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
    post.*, post.username AS postusername, post.ipaddress AS ip, IF(post.visible = 2, 1, 0) AS isdeleted,
    user.*, userfield.*, usertextfield.*,
    icon.title as icontitle, icon.iconpath,
    avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline,customavatar.width AS avwidth,customavatar.height AS avheight,

editlog.userid AS edit_userid, editlog.username AS edit_username, editlog.dateline AS edit_dateline,
    editlog.reason AS edit_reason, editlog.hashistory,
    postparsed.pagetext_html, postparsed.hasimages,
    sigparsed.signatureparsed, sigparsed.hasimages AS sighasimages,
    sigpic.userid AS sigpic, sigpic.dateline AS sigpicdateline, sigpic.width AS sigpicwidth, sigpic.height AS sigpicheight,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid, infractiongroupid

,blog_user.entries
    FROM post AS post
    LEFT JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = post.userid)
    LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON(userfield.userid = user.userid)
    LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON(usertextfield.userid = user.userid)
    LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = post.iconid)
    LEFT JOIN avatar AS avatar ON(avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN customavatar AS customavatar ON(customavatar.userid = user.userid)

LEFT JOIN editlog AS editlog ON(editlog.postid = post.postid)
    LEFT JOIN postparsed AS postparsed ON(postparsed.postid = post.postid AND postparsed.styleid = 1 AND postparsed.languageid = 1)
    LEFT JOIN sigparsed AS sigparsed ON(sigparsed.userid = user.userid AND sigparsed.styleid = 1 AND sigparsed.languageid = 1)
    LEFT JOIN sigpic AS sigpic ON(sigpic.userid = post.userid)
    LEFT JOIN blog_user AS blog_user ON (blog_user.bloguserid = post.userid)
    WHERE post.postid IN ()
    ORDER BY post.dateline;
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

That isn't the full error message.

I would recomend install 3.8, using impex to import, then upgrading to vB4.

Comment

• Katsu4649
      • Dec 2009

EDIT: Well it appears that ImpEx will not work as there is a missing ImpExDatabase_400.php file. Looks like using 3.8, importing, and then upgrading is the only way to go;D
      Sorry about that, I had assumed the bottom part was just personal info, seems I was wrong now that I look at it. The remainder was:
      Code:
      MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
      ORDER BY post.dateline' at line 29
      Error Number  : 1064
      Request Date  : Tuesday, December 8th 2009 @ 08:55:38 PM
      Error Date    : Tuesday, December 8th 2009 @ 08:55:38 PM
      Script        : http://mysite.com/showthread.php?202-Server-selection-come-Release
      Referrer      : 
      IP Address    : --.--.--.--
      Username      : Unregistered
      Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi
      MySQL Version :
      (Pure copy paste (except for some censorship), it didn't show the last "MySQL Version")
      I'll try what you said if it happens again.
      Although, could it be that my phpbb3 forum was using regular "mysql" and the new vb4.0 I configured to "mysqli"?
      I'm not amazing when it comes to databases, so forgive me!
      Last edited by Katsu4649; Mon 21 Dec '09, 3:12pm.

Comment

• ODDBALL118
        • Feb 2009

I have the same problem. Are there any plans to upgrade the impex to include ImpExDatabase_400.php any time soon?

Comment

• radmoose
          • Jul 2006
          • 4.1.x

I am waiting for a revised ImpEx. Although ImpEx shows 4.0.0 when you go into the member download interface, the files seem to (at least as of about 30 minutes ago) be from many months ago, so I am guessing that ImpEx isn't ready yet for 4.0 GOLD.

I would think that IB/vB would have cautioned everyone about this until it was ready as I know a lot of people want to make the jump to vB 4.x.

THis coupled with the documentation inside the ZIP files for the main Forum/Suite downloads not being updated makes me feel like the release today was rushed. =/

I am looking forward to upgrading but was hoping the covert tools in ImpEx was ready (so I can convert my own YouTube BB code to the VIDEO BB code as I don't need the full ImpEx just the tools.

For those wanting to upgrade to 4.x from another program, it does seem like the best was is to installed 3.8.x, do the import and then do the upgrade from within 4.x, at least until ImpEx 4.x is released.
          R. Moose
          vBulletin 4.1.x Suite

Comment

• kwallace
            • Nov 2009

Any word of converting IPB3 to VB4?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

When the Impex to vB4 tool is ready, an announcement will be made. I know it is under active development so should be available very soon.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• jhabers
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                When the Impex to vB4 tool is ready, an announcement will be made. I know it is under active development so should be available very soon.
                Sweet, thanks for the update Trevor
                Maxum Boat Forum / Computer Repair Cary NC

Comment

• ODDBALL118
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  Any guess when this will be ready? Not for nothing but this tool should of been ready with the gold release. I pre-ordered this application so I can be ready to install on the day of release. I did not pay all this money to install one version just to upgrade to another. Sounds like some real poor planning by somebody.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

IT'll be ready when its ready. Importers have never been released with gold.

Comment

• nforums
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ODDBALL118
                      Any guess when this will be ready? Not for nothing but this tool should of been ready with the gold release. I pre-ordered this application so I can be ready to install on the day of release. I did not pay all this money to install one version just to upgrade to another. Sounds like some real poor planning by somebody.
                      The whole thing has been poorly planned why would this be any different?

If you want, simply download and install 3.8 and use impex with it since it works fine for 3.8.

After that, just upgrade your forum to 4.0 using the upgrade scripts.

Comment

• ODDBALL118
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                        IT'll be ready when its ready. Importers have never been released with gold.
                        Sounds like a bad business decision to me.

Comment

• PharaohsVizier
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ODDBALL118
                          Sounds like a bad business decision to me.
                          I kind of have to agree. I don't mean to offend anyone, but saying it never gets released with gold is nothing more but an excuse, a rather poor one at that.

Comment

• kwallace
                            • Nov 2009

Reminds me of a saying I leanrt at work "Urgent requirement on your behalf does not require immediate action on mine"

I think some are being a bit harsh with this, in the scope of things if they release the impex a week after delivering the first version of the software that's pretty good. I would hav always thought that the impex would be delivered after the first release as foreign board conversions probably don't make up a large part of the new customer base.

Comment

• Katsu4649
                              • Dec 2009

Thanks vBulletin team for the updates, can't wait for the new ImpEx (Was going to do the 3.8 import/upgrade but decided against it, I can just wait!).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...