X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeitherSparky
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.7.x

Where is the SQL password needed

Hi you guys I need some help. I have an old vBulletin on my site (its version 3.73, was hoping it was close enough so I could post this question here) that I have not altered or configured in any way in a looong time, so I no longer remember how to do a lot of stuff. My web host required me to change my MySQL password. I changed it in my config.php file and thought everything was fine but when I tried to post a reply with a smilie in it I got an error (the same error as when I tried loading the forum before updating config). Reposting without the smilie was fine.

Can anyone tell me where besides the config file the SQL password is required? Googling didn't help so I hoped someone here might point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    http://www.fosters-home.com/forum
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The site wouldn't even work if the MySQL Password was incorrect. I think the main issue is that your version of vBulletin is very old and should be upgraded to least 3.8.11. You'll most likely need an upgrade purchase for this due to the way vBulletin 3.X was sold. You can purchase an upgrade to vBulletin 4 in your member's area. This would give you access to newer versions all the way up to 4.2.5. These newer versions will work on newer versions of PHP up to 7.1.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment