vB 3.8.11 install/upgrade.php cannot run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 3.8.11 install/upgrade.php cannot run

Our cloud provider upgraded PHP to 7.1.0, which is supported by vBulletin 3.8.11, and so I downloaded the latest build from the Client Area, uploaded files to the core /forums directory, and then when I tried to run /forums/install/upgrade.php, I get these error messages:

PHP Code:
    Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHPin /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/install/init.php on line 114

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHPin /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/install/init.php on line 114

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHPin /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/install/init.php on line 114

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant Misc assumed 'Misc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHPin /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/install/upgrade_language_en.php on line 608

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant admincpdir assumed 'admincpdir' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHPin /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/install/upgrade_language_en.php on line 608

Warning
    Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.aelyria.com/web/content/forums/install/init.php:114in /mnt/stor1-wc2-dfw1/448629/www.domain.com/web/content/forums/includes/functions.php on line 3086 
    I have made sure that my /forums/includes/config.php file has the following entries at the top:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    define
    ('DISABLE_HOOKS'true);
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true);
    What else can I do to be able to upgrade? Or is this the end of the line for vBulletin?

Open your /includes/config.php and set the database class to mysqli.

Make sure the mysqli and mysqlnd libraries are included in your PHP setup. If you don't know how to do this, your hosting provider can make the changes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks so much, Wayne. I made that change, but I'm still getting the same errors. Any other thoughts on how I should troubleshoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Make sure the mysqli and mysqlnd libraries are included in your PHP setup. If you don't know how to do this, your hosting provider can make the changes.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Use of undefined constant - This warning in php 7.2

Comment

Originally posted by motd2 View Post
            Use of undefined constant - This warning in php 7.2
            You cannot use PHP 7.2 and 3.8.11. There is a notice that states this at the top of every vBulletin 3.8 support topic.

If you want to use PHP 7.2, you will need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.5.0.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X