• Show
Clear All
  • wayand
    • May 2014
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin 3.8.9 down after manually deleting plugin files

Hello,

My vb 3.8.9 cannot open, giving the following error:

PHP Warning: require(..../dbtech/vbslider/hooks/init_startup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../includes/init.php(306) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/******/public_html/vb/dbtech/vbslider/hooks/init_startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/vb/includes/init.php(306) : eval()'d code on line 1

The line 306 in ‘init.php’ is:

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('init_startup')) ? eval($hook) : false;

I have already manually deleted the whole directory ‘dbtech’ with its subfolders, including the file ‘init_startup.php’!

How to remove reference to this file and prevent init.php from looking for it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Plugins for vBulletin 3.8.9 will have code in the database that references those files. You should restore the file and uninstall the Plugin from the Product Manager in your AdminCP. Once that is done you can delete the files again.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wayand
      • May 2014
      • 3.8.x

Thank you for the reply.
      As I cannot reach Product Manager in AdminCP, because of this error, is there another way?
      I have access to server and all files.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by wayand
        Thank you for the reply.
        As I cannot reach Product Manager in AdminCP, because of this error, is there another way?
        I have access to server and all files.
        You need to put every file from every add on back in place first. You wont be able to access the product screen until this is done.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...