Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you don't have addons installed -
    1. Turn off your forums in the AdminCP under vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options.
    2. Create a backup of your database.
    3. Upload the files for the new version.
    4. Point your browser to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php
    5. Follow the steps in the Wizard.
    6. Turn your forums back on.

If you have addons installed -

Upgrade the addons to a version that supports PHP 7 or uninstall them. Then follow the steps above.

Leave a comment:

• dbahn
    replied
    Thanks. I'm going to need to do a little bookwork to upgrade without screwing it up. Got a good tutorial to use????

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    vBulletin 3.8.9 is not compatible with php 7.

You will need to upgrade vBulletin to 3.8.11 if you want to run php 7.

Leave a comment:

• dbahn
    started a topic Links not posting

Links not posting

I am not able to post links or hyperlink text on replies on my site (woodenpropeller.com/forumvb). I recently had a series of "internal server error" messages and my webhost suggestied upgraded to php 7.0, which fixed that problem, but today I tried to reply to a post using a link to my own web site and get this response:

This page isn’t working

woodenpropeller.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I am able to submit text as a response without problems, but if linkage appears anywhere within the text it produces that message. I don't know if this is a server problem or a configuration problem, but I do know that it is a new problem. The only other change that might possibly play a part is that while I was upgrading the .php version I also enable the free SSL option. I'll see if I can disable that and if that changes anything.