Subforum Page title question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subforum Page title question

Lets say one has vb3 forum called: Cars Forum (i.e. this is the name of the site/forum itself)

Then it's first main forum is called: BMW and then a subforum called "5 Series"

When clicking on the "5 Series" subforum, how do I get the Page Title to be: "5 Series - BMW - Cars Forum", as opposed to just "5 Series - Cars Forum"

I know in the Showthread template I can add: $foruminfo[title_clean] but where is the template for the subforum?

Many thanks.

Thanks, I'm just checking that template and come across a few places where title can be inserted. Would I have to place it here?

<td class="tcat" width="100%">$vbphrase[subforums]<span class="normal"> : $foruminfo[title]</span></td>

Comment

The page title is defined by the <title> tag within the <head> of the page.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your most annoying bugs.
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks, I just tried that, but I get a repeat of the actual subforum title. So now the page title says: "5 Series - 5 Series - Cars Forum"

Whereas I'd like: "5 Series - BMW - Cars Forum"

Any further help would be appreciated.

Comment

Tried what? What is the actual code you changed?

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Tried what? What is the actual code you changed?
            Sorry, I changed this:

Code:
            <head>
            $headinclude
            <title>$foruminfo[title_clean] <if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
            <if condition="$show['inlinemod']"><script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_inlinemod.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script></if>
            </head>

to this:

Code:
            <head>
            $headinclude
            <title>$foruminfo[title_clean] - $foruminfo[title_clean] <if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
            <if condition="$show['inlinemod']"><script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_inlinemod.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script></if>
            </head>

I didn't think that would work, heh.

Comment

It wouldn't work because $foruminfo[title_clean] isn't going to change because it is added in the second time. You will most likely need code to retrieve the name of the parent forum. Unfortunately, I don't know what that is off the top of my head. Maybe someone at vBulletin.org can help. My post was mainly to tell you what needs to be edited on the page to change the page title.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                It wouldn't work because $foruminfo[title_clean] isn't going to change because it is added in the second time. You will most likely need code to retrieve the name of the parent forum. Unfortunately, I don't know what that is off the top of my head. Maybe someone at vBulletin.org can help. My post was mainly to tell you what needs to be edited on the page to change the page title.
                Okay cool - thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X