• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • somasimple
    • Jul 2005
    • 5.3.x

Problem after upgrade from 3.8.8 to 3.8.11

Hi,

I needed to move the site before upgrading since PHP 5.6 was not available on the previous place.

So I did and some problems (of course) appeared :

Some forums pictures are replaced with some other ones ?
    It is not possible to reply at any post and I got this error ( normally the site is secured via https but the error message show a not secure link)

Thanks for your help
    Bernard
  • somasimple
    • Jul 2005
    • 5.3.x

Now, I'm unable to log in (invalid username or password)???
    Bernard

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

If the site has been moved to a different domain you will need to make sure the URL setting in the admincp is correct before it moves.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• somasimple
        • Jul 2005
        • 5.3.x

How please?
        The name is unchanged just the disk and the server names.
        Bernard

Comment

• somasimple
          • Jul 2005
          • 5.3.x

The quick reply work but the normal reply button shows the above error.
          Last edited by somasimple; Sat 8 Jul '17, 6:52am.
          Bernard

Comment

• somasimple
            • Jul 2005
            • 5.3.x

And there is also a characters problem: it seems it wait for utf8 but my database is perhaps in Latin.
            the database was moved internally by the host (perhaps a conversion occured ?)
            Last edited by somasimple; Sat 8 Jul '17, 9:23am. Reason: add comment
            Bernard

Comment

• somasimple
              • Jul 2005
              • 5.3.x

I looked at the tables in the database and the phrases are displayed correctly. It is not the case on the forums pages: There is a double utf8 encoding (???) because when I try to DEcode them from utf8 to Latin the phrases become normal.

Forum spécifique pour les stagiaires de la Thérapie Manuelle Neuro-Orthopédique (TMNO - Jan De Laere), de la Thérapie Manuelle NeuroDynamique (TMND - Jan De Laere), la DermoNeuroModulation (DNM - Diane Jacobs).

it becomes this with utf8_decode

Forum spécifique pour les stagiaires de la Thérapie Manuelle Neuro-Orthopédique (TMNO - Jan De Laere), de la Thérapie Manuelle NeuroDynamique (TMND - Jan De Laere), la DermoNeuroModulation (DNM - Diane Jacobs)
              Bernard

Comment

• somasimple
                • Jul 2005
                • 5.3.x

When I set the language settings to utf-8, the phrases are now correct but it is yet impossible to edit or post anything.
                The error message is still the same when I try to post: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
                But it fails to do do anything when I try the edit button (waiting......)
                Last edited by somasimple; Sun 9 Jul '17, 2:44am.
                Bernard

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

You should be able to log into the AdminCP directly by adding /admincp to the end of your site URL. Go to vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options and turn off GZIP Compression.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• somasimple
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 5.3.x

Thanks, it worked. The problem seems solved.
                    Bernard

Comment

• somasimple
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 5.3.x

There is still a problem with the database:
                      Is there a mysql script or php file able to change all tables and columns collations at once?
                      Database error in vBulletin 3.8.11: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM humanverify WHERE hash = 'b09e15278dae3d0a5880136f33f1d4e1' AND answer = 'vBulletin;0;https://www.somasimple.com/forums/register.php?s=182e6abc596710949c44e5fdccf656e0�����'; MySQL Error : Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' Error Number : 1267 Request Date : Monday, July 10th 2017 @ 07:33:30 PM Error Date : Monday, July 10th 2017 @ 07:33:31 PM Script : http://www.somasimple.com/forums/reg...p?do=addmember Referrer : https://www.somasimple.com/forums/re...44e5fdccf656e0 IP Address : 172.245.4.27 Username : MikelNicol Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version : Server : 83.166.138.37 User Agent : Stack Trace: #0 vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1254 #1 vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 450 #2 vB_Database->query_write() called in [path]/includes/class_humanverify.php on line 151 #3 vB_HumanVerify_Abstract->delete_token() called in [path]/includes/class_humanverify_image.php on line 49 #4 vB_HumanVerify_Image->verify_token() called in [path]/register.php on line 331
                      Bernard

Comment

• Paul M
                        Former Lead Developer
                        vB.Com & vB.Org
                        • Sep 2004

Pretty sure you can do it using Heidi (which is what I use for all my MySQL work).
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by somasimple
                          There is still a problem with the database:
                          Is there a mysql script or php file able to change all tables and columns collations at once?
                          There are a number of tutorials out there on how to fix this issue in a database. I am sure there are scripts as well. However, this isn't something that we normally fix under technical support as it falls under server configuration. I would say that depending on the size of your database, you might want to export it as an SQL file, open it in a large file editor like EmEditor and remove all the lines that specify the character set and collation. Once this is done, you can import the SQL into a new database and it will use the database's default settings. Set your vBulletin to that database and move on.

Heidisql is a good tool to access your database.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment