Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Diver
    • May 2003

Thanks Paul and Joe.

I'm on cPanel so I can do a search once I can get into my account and remove it.

Wouldn't rename the .htaccess file cause problems with other installs / products and SEO Joe?
    John Diver

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

It might depending what else you have running and if your .htaccess file controls the version of PHP being used but a default VB 3.8.x install requires no .htaccess file in general. Unless you are using something else that requires the .htaccess file renaming it shouldn't cause any errors. You could always rename it back if something breaks. You will have to remove the VBSEO lines if you do keep the file.

Comment

• man1c
        • Apr 2005
        • 3.8.x

I'm pretty sure your spam sending issue is happening because you are allowing guests/unregistered to send email to friends - http://deuceace.com/sendmessage.php?...ofriend&t=2503

Edit the unregistered usergroup and turn off "Can Use Email to Friend"

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          BirdOPrey5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wouldn't hurt to turn if off for the registered usergroup too, or all of them. It's a risky function almost never legitimately used.
      • John Diver
        • May 2003

Thanks for the replies.

Just changed all usergroups to disabled.

Hopefully that will stop it

Thanks again
        John Diver

Comment

• man1c
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

If the site is deuceace.com that is mentioned in the logs above then you haven't as guests can still access the send page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...