X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elsmarc
    • Mar 2014
    • 3.8.x

Opening links in posts in a new tab

I know this has come up before, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

A couple of months back I wanted to try to open links in posts in the *same* window* rather than opening a new window each time a link was clicked. I read somewhere on how to do it but I can't find my notes about what I did. I stupidly did not log the change I made, but it did work. In one of the files (maybe one of the "includes"), I removed target="_blank" (if I remember correctly) in a file. It worked and I was happy. I just can not remember which file I changed that in. Can anyone tell me which file contains the code that opens links in posts is in? vB 3.8.9

Personally I like it because I was forever closing new tabs, but some of my long term users like the old way where every link opens in a new tab.
  • pet0etie
    • Mar 2010
    • 3.8.x

to be sure about your question : do you mean the wanted modification (in new tab) should only apply to links that are used into a post using the [URL]-tag ?

Comment

• pet0etie
      • Mar 2010
      • 3.8.x

if u look for the file "/includes/class_bbcode.php" then u will find the function handle_bbcode_url
      you will find the return-value there ... it should include target="_blank"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...