X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjh411
    • May 2007
    • 3.7.x

Trying to resolve a missing image in social groups

I am trying to resolve a missing image in social groups, but I can't figure out how and where the images are referenced. I assume the images are stored in the database, because I can't find them in the file structure. When I look at socialgrouppicture table in phpMyadmin I can see the columns groupid, pictureid and dateline, but how does this correlate to the URL of a picture in the Social Groups in the web site?

Is it possible to access the images in the database through phpMyadmin?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Right click on where the image should be and find the path to the image - what does that say? And what version of vB3 are you running?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• pet0etie
      • Mar 2010
      • 3.8.x

as far as i know your image is being retrieved by the "image.php"-program with some parameters

i have one like "http://www.myforum.com/image.php?groupid=5&dateline=1240853480&type=groupthumb"

so as u mentioned already, the image-data itself is stored in fields "filedata" and "thumbnail_filedata" in the table socialgroupicon (for the example above groupid = 5)
      it is then 'outputted' as an image with the extension that is mentionned in the field "extension"

in the admin-part of the forum u have the possibility i guess to 'export' those files from the database to a real image stored in the filesystem of your browser
      just choose : "social groups" > "social group icon storage type"

dunno if this involves any security issues on your webserver as the path has to have "full read and write"-permissions

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If it is missing, you probably just want to upload a new icon.

If you haven't changed the default settings, it is stored in the socialgroupicon table of the database.

If you did change the settings to store them in the file system, you can see where it is stored by going to any of the User Picture Storage Type pages and seeing the listed directory. We suggest the customgroupicons directory.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...