Sub-forum has disappeared after database corruption. Any way to restore it from a backup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldford
    • Jul 2003

Sub-forum has disappeared after database corruption. Any way to restore it from a backup?

My dedicated server went down and when it came back up my forum had errors about not being able to connect to the database. I repaired the database through WHM, after which my forum was working again and all appeared to be normal.

Then I noticed that one of my sub-forums was missing. It was id #27, but when I go to phpmyadmin and look through the forum table that forum ID no longer exists. As far as I can tell that's the only thing missing. I have dozens of other sub-forums and 2 million + posts, which all seem to be intact. It's just that one sub-forum that's missing.

Is there a way to restore just that sub-forum from a backup? I don't want to roll back the entire forum to the earlier backup because there are hundreds of posts that would be lost since yesterday.

Thanks for any ideas!
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

You should be able to just create a new forum with the same name, then edit its id back to 27 in the database.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• oldford
      • Jul 2003

Thanks a ton! That did it. So that means the forum itself got deleted (or corrupted) but all the posts still existed in the database? They just didn't have a forum #27 to be displayed in?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Basically, Yes.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...