X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wangyu1314
    • Jun 2005

VBSEO & PHP 7

Originally posted by NeutralizeR
    Thanks Paul for working on vB 3 PHP compatibility!

I'm currently running vBulletin 3.8.10 with vBSEO on PHP 5.6.22.
    I really want to upgrade to PHP 7 but I still have tons of work to make vBSEO compatible with PHP 7.

(for vbseo users)
    If you are still running vBSEO, I recommend you to apply these edits/removals:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...ove-vbseo.html

I'm testing vB 3.8.11 on my localhost. I'll switch my forum to PHP 7 as soon as I fix the vBSEO issues.
    Hello. friends.
    have you finished fix the vbseo compatible issues for PHP7 ?
    we do this work also, but it very slowly and difficult.
    have you any ideas to share for us?
    thank you.
  • NeutralizeR
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Thanks Paul for working on vB 3 PHP compatibility!

I'm currently running vBulletin 3.8.10 with vBSEO on PHP 5.6.22.
    I really want to upgrade to PHP 7 but I still have tons of work to make vBSEO compatible with PHP 7.

(for vbseo users)
    If you are still running vBSEO, I recommend you to apply these edits/removals:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...ove-vbseo.html

I'm testing vB 3.8.11 on my localhost. I'll switch my forum to PHP 7 as soon as I fix the vBSEO issues.
    MsXLabs Forum

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NeutralizeR
      Good luck with that, I used the fact I plan to move to PHP 7 as the final reason to ditch VBSEO for good. I turned it off about a month ago.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• NeutralizeR
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Paul M
        Good luck with that, I used the fact I plan to move to PHP 7 as the final reason to ditch VBSEO for good. I turned it off about a month ago.

How did you handle the redirects? Is there an easy and safe way to keep the basic URL structure?
        MsXLabs Forum

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

That depends on what structure you used for VBSO.

We always used one that kept the thread and forum ids, so it wasnt difficult for a bit of php to parse them and redirect to the correct url.

(Thats a subject for a different thread really).

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by wangyu1314

Hello. friends.
            have you finished fix the vbseo compatible issues for PHP7 ?
            we do this work also, but it very slowly and difficult.
            have you any ideas to share for us?
            thank you.
            You shouldn't be running vbseo at all. The company hasn't even existed for several years, and the product contains multiple unpatched security holes.

You should remove it and either redirect to default urls, or look at an alternative such as dbseo. If you continue to run vbseo, it is only a matter of time before your site is compromised.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

In addition to Mark's reply, vBSEO wasn't created by us it was created by a third party company so no, we won't be doing anything with it should you choose to continue to use it.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

I think his question was directed at NeutralizeR.

However, as noted, you should take this oppertunity to get rid of vbseo, I did this a few months ago on my site.

Comment

• wangyu1314
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Mark.B

You shouldn't be running vbseo at all. The company hasn't even existed for several years, and the product contains multiple unpatched security holes.

You should remove it and either redirect to default urls, or look at an alternative such as dbseo. If you continue to run vbseo, it is only a matter of time before your site is compromised.
                  Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  In addition to Mark's reply, vBSEO wasn't created by us it was created by a third party company so no, we won't be doing anything with it should you choose to continue to use it.
                  thank you, but we have no choice. if we remove the vbseo, then Baidu search engnie would kill our website. because our forum mainly towards for Chinese man. Baidu have no rules at all.
                  we have fixed the the vbseo public security role. we only have to fixed it by our-self strength.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

In terms of replacing vBSEO, you can negate some of the issues around URLs with the following instructions:

After a recent security intrusion into the vbseo cache plugin, I uninstalled vBSEO entirely. Now I expect to take a temporary hit in Google and Bing until the reindex the site. I also know this is not a

Vote for:

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

(Moved to new thread as this has nothing to do with vb 3.8.11)

thank you, but we have no choice. if we remove the vbseo, then Baidu search engnie would kill our website.
                      Of course you have a choice.

What do you mean by "would kill our site" ? Kill it how exactly ?

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

thank you, but we have no choice. if we remove the vbseo, then Baidu search engnie would kill our website. because our forum mainly towards for Chinese man. Baidu have no rules at all.
                        we have fixed the the vbseo public security role. we only have to fixed it by our-self strength.
                        There were multiple security holes in vBSEO, and there will likely be many more as yet undiscovered.

The choice is yours but you WILL get compromised eventually if you keep running it. Also, if there's ever anything not working with your site, our official support will in most cases be restricted to 'please remove vBSEO'.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• wangyu1314
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Paul M
                          (Moved to new thread as this has nothing to do with vb 3.8.11)

Of course you have a choice.

What do you mean by "would kill our site" ? Kill it how exactly ?
                          KILL means Baidu search engine no longer indexing webpage, even if index and the pagerank is very low, will not bring you any new traffic.
                          and this website waiting to die. I do not think anyone is willing to die now.
                          thank you.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Well if you want to keep running vBSEO you do so at your own risk - plus you will not get support for that product here as it's nothing to do with vBulletin as it was developed and sold by a third party company. Any support for this will need to be done outside of these forums.
                            Vote for:

Comment