Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesStPattrick
    • Oct 2016

Notices - Multiple Usergroups

I offer 3 paid subscriptions on my forum and when a member buys one I want to show them a notice once their primary group has changed.
    Is it possible to select multiple usergroups to view a notice instead of making one for each usergroup?
    I honestly do not want to use any template modification.

The only other solution I can think off is to make another usergroup where I would set that as 'additional' group on all paid subscriptions and set the notices to that.
    However, is there a sql query to set all my 'active' users to include that additional group as I have allot of paid subscribers I cannot do it manually.

Or is there a better way?

Thanks!
  • pet0etie
    • Mar 2010
    • 3.8.x

if u want check my post down this forum about "a little bug in the notification-system ?"
    i describe there what to do to make an extra notification-choice and in the code you can change the "check for the username to start with a 'p'" towards "a check if the usergroup is in group X, Y or Z"

if u need help with that ... just let it know here ...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If you want to restrict a notice to multiple usergroups, you would need multiple copies with each one shown to a specific usergroup.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...