X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Diver
    • May 2003

Mobile site showing old XML / Design

Hey,

I have changed my site header / images etc. and its working fine on the main site but when I view it on mobile it is showing the old design..

Not sure how this is happening - Can anyone help please

Thanks
    John Diver
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Are you just viewing the site using the normal desktop style? You don't have a dedicated third party mobile style?

If it's the normal desktop style, then your mobile device is caching the images. Clear its cache, restart it, and it should show the changes.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• John Diver
      • May 2003

Hey Mark,

Thanks for replying.

I just cleared my cache and deleted all data from my android browser but it is still showing my old style - I don't even know where it is getting it from as I changed the template a lot.

I also changed to show the desktop version on my phone and its still showing the old style - Its working fine when viewing on my laptop.

Could someone check please - The site is Http://www.DeuceAce.com - It shouldnt have a logo for BetFred on the left under the sponsors menu and there should only be 4 links in the top menu.

Sorry for asking but I really don't understand how this is isnt showing the updated template.

Thanks if anyone can help
      John Diver

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

I see exactly the same style on my iPhone as I do on my desktop... I don't see a specific mobile style on the phone - am I supposed to?
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• John Diver
          • May 2003

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for checking.

I am still seeing the old style on my phone even when I switch it to show the desktop version and cache and all files have been deleted..

Are you just seeing 4 links in the header or more? I just get the 4 on my laptop but I get more that I removed in the style when I check on a few phones.. I dont know how since they were removed from the template..

Not sure how that is happening, cache is the only thing I can think of but Ive cleared that..

Thanks for the help
          John Diver

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

This is what I see
            Vote for:

Comment

• John Diver
              • May 2003

Thanks Trevor but your also getting the old layout, there should only be a few options in the menu - Do you see the same on the desktop version?

Thanks again
              John Diver

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Site's not loading for me now so not sure - if you can let us know when resolved and I'll take another look...
                Vote for:

Comment

• John Diver
                  • May 2003

Hey Trevor,

I didn't know it was down... was there an error or just not loading? I didnt know about any problems on the server.

Its working now.

I'm wondering how the mobile option is taking the pages different, I don't think theres a mobile option / templates that have to be changed separate - I haven't seen any anyway, even the header is wrong.

Thanks Trevor
                  John Diver

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Was just timing out John.

In terms of what I see - exactly the same on Desktop and Mobile. No difference between the two...

Was this a third party mobile style you bought that isn't directing properly?
                    Vote for:

Comment

• John Diver
                      • May 2003

I just logged out and its showing a different template... I didnt think about that - I was logged into both and its showing 2 different templates for logged in or out.
                      John Diver

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

I'm assuming the mobile style you have includes something to determine whether a mobile device is being used (vB3 doesn't have this by default). Depending on how it's being done, you may need to configure that to work for guests as well as logged in users.
                        Vote for:

Comment

• John Diver
                          • May 2003

Hey,

I dont have a mobile verson.. the only difference is the style when logged in and out.. I havent set anything for mobile yet.

Thanks
                          John Diver

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

If it's a different style when logged in, then you need to check your account settings for which style is set to display on your user account.

Also clear your browser cookies and cache, as styles can be set by cookie too.

Those are the ONLY ways vBulletin 3 can display a different style when logged out to when logged in - unless you have add-ons that are changing the functionality.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...