Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbahn
    • Oct 2008

Pruning inactive users

First, I'm basically a moron, but I run a very small forum relating to wooden propellers. I've recently added additional registration questions to try to cut down on the volume of spam registrations (mostly from outlook.com with a series of random letters for a username). We'll see how that works, but in the meantime I would like to create an "inactive user" category and move all members who registered more than a year ago and have zero posts into that category, then somehow require members of that category to contact the administrator to restore them to the "registered users" category. The more practical option might be to simply delete all users that fit that description but I tried to do that ("prune" function) but did not succeed.

I have no doubt that over 80% of the members are not interested in the subject matter and many registered as bots, going back over many years.

Any advice, particularly step-by step for the moron level, would be greatly appreciated.
    This is a discussion forum for wooden propellers.
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Install this, and set it up

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• dbahn
      • Oct 2008

Thanks. That looks like it would help, but I'm concerned that I don't have the know-how to install it without something else going wrong. Even the description has information in it that I don't understand (e.g. "auto-restore" function). I may need to get a geek to help me . . .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...