X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Out of interest, why did you move from vB3 to vB5 ?
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• apollothethird
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

I wanted to add table support to my forum. I talked to the support people on the phone (2 years ago) and explained what I wanted to do and they gave me the recommendation.

I just never got around to performing the upgrade since the system was functioning perfectly (except for my desire to have tables support in the messages).

I recently upgraded my 12.04 server to 16.04 and as my first message, I encountered problems, after about 10 years of running flawlessly.

So while fixing vb3, I felt there would hardly be a better time than now to proceed with the version upgrade.

-- L. James

--
      L. D. James
      [email protected]
      This website is for sale! apollo3.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, apollo3.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• apollothethird
        • Jul 2008
        • 3.7.x

Thank you all for your attention and help... especially Mark. You were up in the wee hours one of the days and responding through out the day with attention. I can't think you enough.

The import of the upgraded database didn't work. However the upgrade went flawless, and with ease.

I'll post a summary later of most of the problems and solutions so that another person having similar problems won't won't have to sifter through so many messages... especially users of Ubuntu.

Out of appreciation, I'll spend more time in the community and try to be able to help others if I can.

-- L. James

--
        L. D. James
        [email protected]

Comment