Lots of vB_Upload_Abstract errors in my logs...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sal Collaziano
    • May 2000

Lots of vB_Upload_Abstract errors in my logs...

Hey all. Can anyone help me with this? I'm receiving the following errors in my vB3 logs:

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_Attachment::is_valid_extension() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::is_valid_extension() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 973

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_Attachment::fetch_max_uploadsize() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::fetch_max_uploadsize() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 973

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_Userpic::is_valid_extension() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::is_valid_extension() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1123

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_Userpic::fetch_max_uploadsize() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::fetch_max_uploadsize() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1123

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_AlbumPicture::is_valid_extension() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::is_valid_extension() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1359

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_AlbumPicture::fetch_max_uploadsize() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::fetch_max_uploadsize() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1359

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_Image::is_valid_extension() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::is_valid_extension() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1466

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_SocialGroupIcon::is_valid_extension() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::is_valid_extension() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1725

[07-Jun-2016 14:48:54 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Upload_SocialGroupIcon::fetch_max_uploadsize() should be compatible with vB_Upload_Abstract::fetch_max_uploadsize() in /blah/blah/blah/includes/class_upload.php on line 1725

Every "line" mentioned in class_upload.php is }

That's it - it's just an empty line other than that... In the example below, the last line is 1725 and what's just before it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

{
    if ($this->registry->options['sg_enablesocialgroupicons'])
    {
    fetch_socialgroup_newest_groups(true);
    }
    }

unset($this->upload);

return $result;
    }
    }
    My vBulletin Forums:
    cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

I would guess you are running an older version of vB3, so not fully compatible with your current php version.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
      • May 2000

Originally posted by Paul M
      I would guess you are running an older version of vB3, so not fully compatible with your current php version.
      Hi Paul. I'm running 3.8.9. That's probably "new enough" - right? Or should I move up to 3.8.10? I did recently move to a new server with an upgraded version of PHP: 5.5.35... Is this error just something I can ignore?
      My vBulletin Forums:
      cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

• motd2
        • Jun 2010
        • 3.8.x

Here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIII-12980

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
          Hi Paul. I'm running 3.8.9. That's probably "new enough" - right? Or should I move up to 3.8.10?
          As per the bug link above, those error messages were fixed in 3.8.10.

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
            • May 2000

Thanks to the both of you... I'm planning on an update to 3.8.10 very soon but are my users seeing any errors or is it just logs at this point? If it's just logs I'll upgrade my 20+ vB3s at my leisure. Otherwise I'll get right on it...
            My vBulletin Forums:

...can't fit any more...

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

Are your users complaining that thet are seeing them ?

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
                • May 2000

Originally posted by Paul M
                Are your users complaining that thet are seeing them ?
                ...they aren't - but my users never complain about anything. It's nice in some ways - but I guess they don't care enough to let me know when there's a problem. My sites could go down and I'll be lucky to have somebody let me know about it...
                My vBulletin Forums:

...can't fit any more...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...