Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a plan to support PHP 7 in vb 3.8.x ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have a plan to support PHP 7 in vb 3.8.x ?

    Hello,
    I would like to know if there are plans ready to support PHP7 in vb 3.8.x ?
    Because there is a huge performance boost PHP7.
    thank you.

  • #2
    buddy
    Upgrade to vbulletin 5.2.2
    WTF

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Skyyg Skyg View Post
      buddy
      Upgrade to vbulletin 5.2.2
      NO,NO, vb 5.x.x is very very bad for me.
      My site is still running vb.3.6.x
      If they do not plan to let vb 3.8.X support PHP7, I will not upgrade my forum.
      Thank you.
      Last edited by wangyu1314; Tue 3rd May '16, 12:10am.

      Comment


      • #4
        There are no definite plans at this time. It is hoped that vB3 and vB4 will be made compatible at some point but we cannot confirm this at this time.

        3.8.10 should work fine with php 5.6 though. There is no urgent reason to run php 7 at the moment.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Skyyg Skyg View Post
          buddy
          Upgrade to vbulletin 5.2.2
          Rushing in to a major upgrade just to add php compatibility is probably not the best route to take.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            There are no definite plans at this time. It is hoped that vB3 and vB4 will be made compatible at some point but we cannot confirm this at this time.

            3.8.10 should work fine with php 5.6 though. There is no urgent reason to run php 7 at the moment.
            vb 3.8.10 can running basically on PHP7, but there are many warnings.
            I am currently still running PHP 5.2, I would like to upgrade to PHP7 one step, instead of PHP 5.2> PHP 5.6> PHP 7
            Every version upgrade to spend a lot of energy and money.
            Thank you. I'm only waiting for that moment.

            Comment


            • #7
              Upgrade to 3.6.10 and PHP 5.6.

              That will make the move to php7 much easier in the future.

              JFYI, Im working on PHP7 updates when time permits, not sure how that will be released at this point, but it will likely be some form of php7 beta.
              Baby, I was born this way

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                Upgrade to 3.6.10 and PHP 5.6.

                That will make the move to php7 much easier in the future.

                JFYI, Im working on PHP7 updates when time permits, not sure how that will be released at this point, but it will likely be some form of php7 beta.

                I am very pleased to hear this news. vb 3.x is the most successful version, and is also the running version of the most largest forum world.
                Thank you let it continue to maintain vitality.
                Last edited by wangyu1314; Tue 3rd May '16, 8:30pm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I need to upgrade my 3.8.7 to the latest 3.8x version to be compatible with PHP 5.6, correct? The problem is my license has expired, I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to get vB 5. What can I do?
                  Marc James
                  Sports Central Beyond the Scores
                  Sports Central Message Boards

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You have a vBulletin 4 license from what I can tell. So you should be able to download it.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I need a running MGC Chatbox (pro) for vB 3.8.11! ATM no solutions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by treki View Post
                        I need a running MGC Chatbox (pro) for vB 3.8.11! ATM no solutions.
                        vBulletin doesn't provide updates to third party modifications. If asking on vbulletin.org hasn't worked, you may need to look at paying a third party coder.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 6th Sep '17, 8:34pm.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X