Getting plugin errors even when I uninstall a plugin -- how?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actolearn
    • Feb 2005

Getting plugin errors even when I uninstall a plugin -- how?

i have vbulletin 3.8.7 on a server running php 5.2. i have some third party plugins installed that are no longer supported, and today i started getting the following error:

Site error: the file /home/informed/public_html/plugins/advertise_plugins.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

i uninstalled the plugins via SQL (using queries like

UPDATE plugin SET active=0 WHERE pluginid='XXXX';

)

i confirmed that the plugins are inactive in mysql,yet the error remains. how can the error remain even when the plugin is deactivated? any ideas?

i know third party plugins are not supported here, but any advice would be appreciated -- i'm desperate and don't know what to do.

A revenue-sharing guitar learning community. Learn with us, and earn with us!
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

This is why you should not try and shortcut functionality by just "running a query".

It generally does not work like that, in this case they are not actually deactivated yet - you must rebuild the datastore as well.

In the ACP, disable an active plugin, and then re-enable it again, that should rebuild all the entries.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...