Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

GD and Image Magick broken after server update to php 5.5.30

I am running vBulletin 3.7.7 (yes I know it's old, I'm sorry...). A few weeks ago my provider updated the server to have PHP 5.5.30. Since then, it appears that my image verification is broken. In the "Human Verification Manager", neither GD or Image Magick displays an image (see attached #1). However, it was working previously, see picture from awhile back (attached #2).

As far as I can see, GD is properly available in the php info display of the version on my server (attached #3).

I've also tried setting to both GD and Image Magick in "Image Settings".

With GD enabled in both, human verification displays a broken image (in register.php page), and uploading of images and thumbnails doesn't work properly at all.

With Image Magick enabled for both, human verification still displays a broken image (in register.php page), but strangely, thumbnails and image uploading seems to work properly.

Path to Image Magick is entered as /usr/local/bin/ (attached #4). Which seems to be where it would be according to php settings (attached #5).

I've been searching for a solution but haven't found the answer yet. Thanks for any assistance... (I can't upgrade the vB version at this moment...)
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

VB 3.7.7 isn't compatible with that PHP version, there will be a number of issues. You should upgrade to VB 3.8.9 or 3.8.10 Beta to be safe.

However this one particular issue can be fixed by editing the file -

In /includes/class_image.php replace

PHP Code:
     imagejpeg($image''$quality); 

With

PHP Code:
    imagejpeg($imagenull$quality); 

Comment

• StephenKay
      • Apr 2003

Thank you, thank you! You are a genius. All of my image problems seem fixed now.

And yes, I will have to seriously consider finding the time to upgrade to 3.8.9, it's difficult when you've got a heavily customized board. Although, so far, I don't see any other issues. Anything I should watch out for, if you can recall?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Not specifically other than the site is just not safe. There must have been dozens of exploits fixed between 3.7.7 and 3.8.9. Make sure you do daily backups, or at least, as often as you can.

If you use PayPal for subscription payments the clock is ticking on that, you'll need to upgrade to 3.8.10 if PayPal keeps to their schedule.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...