• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco John
    • Nov 2002

Connection issue...

I'm receiving the following error.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead
    /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/504111/504157/www.orangemane.com/web/content/BB/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Thursday, October 1st 2015 @ 10:41:55 AM
    Error Date : Thursday, October 1st 2015 @ 10:41:55 AM
    Script : http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117011
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 136.243.36.91
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

I recently received the following support ticket from my server:

This update is meant to provide advance notification for the next event of our DFW environment maintenance – web node transition.

Our status page provides additional details on the planned order of events during our DFW maintenance.

Event: Web Node Transition

Maintenance Details: - Current PHP versions (5.3 and 5.4) will be updated to PHP 5.6. - ASP.NET 4.0 services will be upgraded to ASP.NET version 4.5.2. - User sessions may need to be re-initiated during the time of a cluster's transition but sites will remain accessible (live) throughout this process. - Updated web clusters will begin handling site traffic on the scheduled date and going forward. - New sites created during this transition period will be updated to the new technology types (PHP 5.6/ASP.NET 4.5.2). --------

---------------------------------

It's unclear to me what I need to update in order to get my site back on track. Everything I've tried has failed.
  • Sqυιd
    • Mar 2009
    • 4.2.X

In includes/config.php change:
    PHP Code:
    $config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql'
    To
    PHP Code:
    $config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysqli'

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

or update to 3.8.9 ....
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...