Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike2902
    • Apr 2009

Site is running slow...

My site over the past weeks has gotten terrible slow. I of course have been in talks with my host and they assure me everything is fine on there end and vbulletin is to blame. They base this off a test that they did where cron.php was hanging for 16 seconds http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/c9KI.../hagin-out.net Now you will also notice the time to first bytes is greatly delayed as well. That is the case with every test I run. http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150921_HG_1CPX/ Im running 3.8.7. I havent made any changes to anything. No Mods or anything. Ive tried disabling all the modifications and its still slow. Is there any possible way vbulletin is delaying the time to first bytes time by 10 seconds?

Here is the Saga at Vbulletin.org where they have tried to sort it out and the suggestions they have made.
    Last edited by Mike2902; Mon 21 Sep '15, 3:20pm.

www.Hangin-out.net
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This type of question is very difficult to answer because it provides no real information. In order to get your questions answered quickly please provide the following information:
    1. vBulletin Version
    2. PHP Version
    3. MySQL Version
    4. Any Addons installed
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style?
    6. Error message on the screen'
    7. Browser and Browser version used.
    8. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.
    You can find your MySQL version under Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Server Variables -> MySQL Settings

You can find your PHP version in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> View PHPInfo

You can find your addons in the Admin CP under Plugins & Products -> Manage Products.

To create a new default style go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager and click Add New Style. Set "Parent" to none, give it a name and save.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike2902
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      This type of question is very difficult to answer because it provides no real information. In order to get your questions answered quickly please provide the following information:
      1. vBulletin Version
      2. PHP Version
      3. MySQL Version
      4. Any Addons installed
      5. Does the issue occur in a default style?
      6. Error message on the screen'
      7. Browser and Browser version used.
      8. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.

You can find your MySQL version under Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Server Variables -> MySQL Settings

You can find your PHP version in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> View PHPInfo

You can find your addons in the Admin CP under Plugins & Products -> Manage Products.

To create a new default style go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager and click Add New Style. Set "Parent" to none, give it a name and save.
      1. vBulletin Version 3.8.7
      2. PHP Version 5.2.16
      3. MySQL Version 5.0.91-community-log
      4. Any Addons installed several
      5. Does the issue occur in a default style? Yes it still occurs with the new style I created per your instructions
      6. Error message on the screen' There are no error messages
      7. Browser and Browser version used. Its for all users and in all browsers
      8. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. There are no steps to be taken. It takes 15 seconds for every click on the site.

Everything is just slow. The site was fine for years and then it became slow. My host says its vbulletin. I have not made any changes at all before the slow down.

www.Hangin-out.net

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The no permission screen loaded for me in under a second. Would need a username and login to review other pages.

I would suggest upgrading your systems though... MYSQL 5.5, vBulletin 3.8.9, PHP 5.5X and in that order...

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike2902
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The no permission screen loaded for me in under a second. Would need a username and login to review other pages.

I would suggest upgrading your systems though... MYSQL 5.5, vBulletin 3.8.9, PHP 5.5X and in that order...

Username: test user
          Password: password

Also I might add that double posting happens all the time, even though the double post prevention is in place. Maybe that will help diagnose things.
          Last edited by Mike2902; Sat 26 Sep '15, 12:43pm.

www.Hangin-out.net

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

What you're calling Double Posting protection isn't supposed to do what you think it should be doing. What it does is the same person creates two different new posts in a row, it merges them into one. It doesn't prevent a race condition between a javascript submit of a post and a manual submit of a post. That is what you are experiencing when you have two of the same posts. It would be related to the speed of your site if you're having speed issues.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Are you running on shared hosting? Is so, you should think about upgrading.

You should also make sure that you're running MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.5+ and vBulletin 3.8.9. You would want to upgrade them in the order of MySQL, vBulletin, and then PHP. That will give you about a 20-50% performance boost.

There aren't a lot of performance enhancing features built into vBulletin 3.8.X though. There are addons that might help like vBOptimize.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment