X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suiram
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.8.x

vb_test.php

i (my host) have been using php 5.2 for ages. i decided to update to 5.4 recently. the test results are 100% pass. happy about that. but... look at the two error lines above the results which i have to add importantly, did not happen before. i ran this test over the years and this is a "just now" result. there were only two changes made. obviously the update from v5.2.17 to 5.4.19 for php (mysql same @5.0.96) and that i disabled the php5.ini in the root.

fyi, the php5.ini content was;
    register_globals = off
    allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
    max_input_time = 60
    variables_order = "EGPCS"
    extension_dir = ./
    upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
    precision = 12
    SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

apc.enabled=0

magic_quotes_gpc = On
    magic_quotes_runtime = On
    magic_quotes_sybase = On

are those errors important? should i start troubleshooting? the reason i disabled the ini file was that after the update, php did not work - at all. not just the vbulletin forum, but other things that used php. (ie: wordpress blog) after calling host, it was he who disabled the php5.ini file and fixed the problem. so, i assume since using 5.2 didn't have an issue at all, something in the ini file did not like something new or changed in php 5.4.19. all tests pass, so that's the important thing. the errors seem to be related to the vb_test.php file, as it points to lines in it.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Turn display errors off in PHP and they won't show up. However the tool wouldn't have been updated to run under 5.4.0. I'll have to create a JIRA for that.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Suiram
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Turn display errors off in PHP and they won't show up. However the tool wouldn't have been updated to run under 5.4.0. I'll have to create a JIRA for that.
      off, through the personal php5.ini file? (which as of now i am still not using?)

is there a vbulletin forums recommended php5.ini file? or any specific commands you'd recommend be in a ini file?
      as you can see, all i had before for the last 5+ years in my personal ini file, is what is listed above. though one at least is now, with php 5.4 causing a serious "server internal error" and should no longer be used. it may be the first and/or second lines if i was "reading" the support guy correctly. (you see, he was not allowed to give specific help. yay godaddy!!)

yes, please update the ini anyway.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We don't use the php.ini file directly. It just tells PHP how to act. On vBulletin 3.X, the default php.ini will work in most cases.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...