X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshg1
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

Database error, can't get to admincp

Desperate for help. Have made no changes to the forum, but today for some reason started getting Database errors.
    Can't get to my AdminCP.

Thought it was my hosting provider, GoDaddy, but they've assured me that it's in the software running on my shared server, not in their setup or configuration. they believe it has something to do with a hardcoded IP address being called by my software. Not sure where i would have introduced that, or why it would start barfing today when i've made no changes for many many weeks.

A sample error message I'm getting is:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Invalid SQL:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                SELECT[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        IF(user.displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, user.displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.phrasegroup_holiday AS phrasegroup_holiday,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.options AS lang_options,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.languagecode AS lang_code,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.charset AS lang_charset,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.locale AS lang_locale,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                        language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                FROM user AS user[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                WHERE user.userid = 24;[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Error   : Table 'koforum.user' doesn't exist[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Error Number  : 1146[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Request Date  : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]05:17:28 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Error Date    : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]05:17:28 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Script        : [/FONT][/COLOR][URL]http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/index.php[/URL]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Referrer      :[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]IP Address    : 73.192.4.199[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Username      :[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Classname     : vB_Database[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Version :[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Here's another, different one:
    Code:

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                SELECT *[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                FROM session[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                WHERE userid = 0[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                        AND host = '66.244.241.100'[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                        AND idhash = '[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]e68761de9e7ab9189904c8f09189dc[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]68'[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                LIMIT 1;[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Error   : Table 'koforum.session' doesn't exist[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Request Date  : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ 05:18:31 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Error Date    : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ 05:18:31 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Script        : [/FONT][/COLOR][URL]http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/mobiquo/mobiquo.php[/URL]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]IP Address    : 66.244.241.100[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Version :[/FONT][/COLOR]
    That one seems to tell me it has something to do with that f***ing Tapatalk extension (mobiquo), but many of the errors i'm getting are NOT referencing that script.... just regular vbulletin scripts.
    Here's a 3rd:
    Code:

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                SELECT *[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                FROM session[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                WHERE userid = 0[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                        AND host = '157.55.39.120'[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                        AND idhash = '[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]a40781954205daa42f7dd679e98837[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]e1'[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]                                LIMIT 1;[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Error   : Table 'koforum.session' doesn't exist[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Request Date  : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ 05:17:09 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Error Date    : Tuesday, August 25th 2015 @ 05:17:10 PM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Script        : [/FONT][/COLOR][URL]http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9051[/URL]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]IP Address    : 157.55.39.120[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]MySQL Version [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Is there anyone who can help me diagnose this and tell me what to fix?

Thank you very, very much!

• joshg1
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

OK, I think I have more details of the problem.
    Today GoDaddy migrated one of my databases, so its IP address changed.
    They said that if my software referred to the database by its IP address, then it would definitely have broken today... the software needs to be configured to refer to the database by its hostname instead. I have that hostname, but I don't know how to configure vbulletin to find the database properly.

I've checked my /includes/config.php and it does properly refer to the database by its hostname, not by an IP address. I've double-checked the username and password in that file and both are correct.

Is there somewhere else I need to configure the database hostname within vbulletin? Where would one do that, especially when the adminCP is not reachable right now?

Really appreciate any help on this...

--josh
    Last edited by joshg1; Tue 25 Aug '15, 6:13pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

No, that is the only place. You need to refer this back to GoDaddy, they've clearly messed something up when they migrated your database. Check with them that the hostname hasn't changed.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• joshg1
        • May 2006
        • 3.6.x

GoDaddy insists that they can reach my database by hostname just fine, so they are certain that it is somewhere in the vbulletin software. I've triple-checked that the info in my /includes/config.php is correctly referring to the hostname... there's no IP address anywhere in there.
        Any other help or ideas?

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

If I had a dollar for every time a host said that....

The error indicates at least one table is missing from the database. The vBulletin software does not randomly delete database tables. It's obvious your host either hasn't looked at the error, or doesn't understand it. Either way, the only fix to this is for your hosts to rectify it.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by joshg1
            GoDaddy insists that they can reach my database by hostname just fine, so they are certain that it is somewhere in the vbulletin software.
            The fact they can reach it doesnt mean its ok.

At least two tables (user & session) are missing according to those errors, that probably means more are. Its absolutely nothing to do with the software.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• joshg1
              • May 2006
              • 3.6.x

Thanks guys... you're right in that after their migration, my database mysteriously had only 84 tables, not the 140+ that should be there, in fact you could see that the database had lost every table AFTER (alphabetically) "pmtext".
              They restored from their daily backups, and somehow again, all their backups for the last month also had 84 tables and nothing after "pmtext". My own backup files had 140 or so tables, and tons that were after pmtext alphabetically.

GoDaddy is so screwed up... it makes no sense to my why their backups for the last month (daily) have the same truncation. Since they're restoring from backups from dates where I know the forum was working, I keep telling them that either:
              A) the tool they're using to restore the file from their backup archives is STOPPING half way through my database file.
              or
              B) their PHP import process for recreating my tables from the .SQL file is stopping halfway through on my file.

Is their any other explanation for why my database was fine before yesterday... then they migrate the server, and suddenly my database is half the size and missing any table that is alphabetically after "pmtext"; AND every time they go back to their archives to restore from an earlier date, the RESTORED file is also truncated at exactly that same point... nothing after "pmtext"?

I'm pretty screwed if they can't fix this... have data loss then since my own backup (6 weeks ago... yeah, i know, i know).

Really appreciate any help... sorry if I'm making dumb/newbie mistakes or referring to things the wrong way. I'm doing my best as i'm not a unix guy, dba, or dev.
              Last edited by joshg1; Wed 26 Aug '15, 10:33pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

It's impossible for us to say what might have caused the problem, it could be many things. It is a question that can only be answered by your hosts. I appreciate that isn't much help but there's little else we can really add. Their backups are incomplete. I would expect that they would have some sort of verified backup from before the move that they could restore for you, but that depends on the host. You need to keep pushing them and not take no for an answer. They migrated your site and destroyed your database, you need to keep on at them.

Once it's sorted, move hosts.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------

Comment