Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Nelson
    • Aug 2001

Make forum require multiple usergroups

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I want to make a new subforum that can only be accessed if you belong to 2 Additional Usergroups. So they'd be both a registered user and a member of 2 additional usergroups. Then if they get dropped out of either of the two additional usergroups they could no longer use that new subforum but would still have all registered user privileges.

Thanks in advance.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

The only thing remotely close to this in default functionality would be to layer the permissions. One group gives access to view, another to post - even then, without testing this, there may be issues given the heirarchy that a 'No' permission overrides a 'Yes' permission in vB...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Doug Nelson
      • Aug 2001

Thanks for the reply.

It was my understanding that as far as usergroups go, a yes permission will always override a no?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...