• Show
Clear All
  • cirdok2
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

Lost users after crash - help

Hi,
    after a crash we lost some accounts.
    We have daily backups but I'd like only to recover the users (in order to not lose the thousands of messages left today).
    I also know the user id (eg, u=24811) lost.

Is there any way I can do that? Like recovering single rows. No major plugin installed, just iTrader.

Thanks!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

There is nothing in vbulletin that allows you to import from one database (backup) into another. You may be able to write a query to do so, but you can't just do the user table, there are about three or four tables you would need to do this for and that is assuming your auto_increment wasn't reset and you now have new users with those userids. Help with writing queries like this is given over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

(Why not just have those users re-register? And what has happened to any posts they wrote?)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• cirdok2
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      There is nothing in vbulletin that allows you to import from one database (backup) into another. You may be able to write a query to do so, but you can't just do the user table, there are about three or four tables you would need to do this for and that is assuming your auto_increment wasn't reset and you now have new users with those userids. Help with writing queries like this is given over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

(Why not just have those users re-register? And what has happened to any posts they wrote?)
      thanks Lynne, post were ok.

We wrote a couple of routines and imported the user table from a backup from yesterday. Worked on the autoincrement and also the new registrations are ok.

>>Why not just have those users re-register?

users with 30k+ messages, 200+ feedbacks... they would have lost everything.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...