Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creativepart
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Two fields set as required, but people are not being required to complete them

In my Profile fields I have two additional fields -- one is a spambot prevention profile field and the other a location profile field. I have them both set to Required > yes on registration & profile updating.

Yet, people are registering without filling those two field out -- leaving them blank.

What could be the cause of this?

Here's a screen capture of the setup for the Location field:
    Attached Files
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

When you try and register yourself, are you able to skip that field?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• creativepart
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      When you try and register yourself, are you able to skip that field?
      I'll be... no I can't. I just tried it and was not able to skip either of those fields. Also, I tried just putting in a space and that didn't work either.

So, how did people join in the last day with both of those fields showing up blank? Here are some registrations from yesterday with the two fields shown -- you can see 3 or 4 with blank fields.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by creativepart; Thu 31 Jan '13, 9:09am.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Did they register via facebook maybe?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• creativepart
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.8.x

No, we do not have that activated (and it's VB 3.8.7).

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

You allow users to edit the fields. Could they have removed them after registering? Do you have any modifications on your site? Try disabling them for a couple of days and see if this still happens.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• creativepart
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.8.x

Perhaps they could have removed them afterward, however, since they are required at registration and profile editing it seems they'd be stopped when they tried to edit them out of their profile. Wouldn't they???

Yes, I have mods installed, but I also have 8 million page views a month and 1 million unique users. There is no way I could remove what are now essential parts of the website.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Well, I have not been able to not fill in a required field during login on a totally default site. So, I'm not sure how these users did this and my only guess is they somehow edited them afterwards or a modification allows them to somehow get past that requirement.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...