X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qpurser
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

Moderation problems

We are in the progress of updating the software but as of now still running 3.8.

I just created one new Category with 2 new forums in it.

The moderation option for the category and both forums are set as:
    Moderate posts: NO
    Moderate threads: NO
    Moderate attachments: NO

For some reason when users from the "registered users" usergroup post a thread or reply to a thread in those 2 new forums randomly some of them show up to be "moderated"
    I have set for this usergroup in the section "post/thread permissions":
    Follow Forum Moderation Rules /If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue: YES

I just can't figure out why some of the postings are put into "moderation".
    I have to add the postings are posted in the forum but they have the word "moderated" in front of the posting. When I approve the posting it is gone.

Any help or suggestions very welcome
    thanks
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

Check spam settings (AdminCP->vBulletin Options->vBulletin Options->Spam Management) and also check the registered usergroup forum permissions (AdminCP->Forums & Moderators->Forum Permissions -> edit resisted users permissions for created category )

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• qpurser
      • Jul 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the quick reply.
      I didn't have Spam Management activated but as suggested I checked the Forum Permissions for the Registered Users and in one of the forums the Moderation Rules were set to NO.
      I changed it to YES.
      Will have to wait now to see if the issue happens but I think this might have sold it.

Thanks again for helping

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...