X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flashgordon
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.5.x

Moderator PM permissions

A user has "Receive Private Messages" to "no", but "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators" to "yes".
    Administrators can still message the member. But moderators can not send PMs.

I believe this problem is caused by me not using the original moderator user group. Instead, I created a new one from scratch.

What do I have to set to allow moderators to send a PM to this member?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Check in the Database- Look at the moderator table...

Are the USERIDs of your moderators listed in that table? If not the system isn't recognizing them as moderators.

The original Moderator group is Group ID # 7, does that still exist? (Check in the Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager)

Comment

• flashgordon
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.5.x

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply.

You mean the vb_moderator table? The respective user is in there. But the table is only about forum permissions, so I don't see how it is connected to the PMs?

The original moderator group still exists, yes. But there are no members in it.
      All the male moderators are in usergroup 13 and the female mods are in 10.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

In the private.php file, in the code, there is a function that checks if a user is a moderator, that function I believe checks that table to see... If they weren't listed there it would have been somewhere to start.

Are the moderator groups (10 and 13) primary groups?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...