X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdaniel
    • Jun 2001
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Limit email notifications on a particular forum to only one person

A few months ago I moved my forums to a new server and did a 3.8 upgrade. I don't know if the upgrade cause this, but since then, I've been having the following problem...

I have one forum that I don't want to send notifications to anyone except me. It is a preliminary area where new registrants submit info and images for review by the board. I review first and then move the thread to an area where the whole Board group can see and review.

Since the upgrade, everyone in the Moderator and Board group are now getting email notifications when someone posts in this one Forum. I do have permissions set so when they try to get in, they are not able to - so that part works - but I want to stop the notifications to them altogether.

I don't even want the email notification to go to the Admin group because there are a couple of Admins besides me. I want email notifications to go to me and me alone. In Forum Manager for that forum, under "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post" and "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Thread" - my email address is the only one there.

Thanks for your help,
    Cynthia
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

AdminCP->Forums & Moderators->Show All Moderators Edit Permissions , then review Email Preferences settings for every moderator.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• cdaniel
      • Jun 2001

I looked where you said. Do you mean click on each moderator name? I see where it gives options for Receive Admin Emails, Receive Email from Other Users. I'm not sure I see how changing that would disallow notifications of the one single forum. And, if it did, then it would disallow ones that I want to get through.

Comment

• AliMadkour
        • Dec 2004
        • 6.X

You will see moderator username and list of forums that he manage, click on edit beside the forum name and check Email Preferences settings.
        Also if its a sub-forum then check main forum moderators permissions-> Email Preferences settings

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• cdaniel
          • Jun 2001

Oh, I see - I did not scroll down far enough. Ok, I see all the forums for each moderator. However, the one in question - I'm the only one with that Forum listed as being a moderator. It is not a sub-forum.

I need to solve this because I keep getting emails from moderators saying they were notified but can't get in. But, they are not supposed to be able to get in and are not supposed to be sent email notifications for this one Forum.

Comment

• cdaniel
            • Jun 2001

Can anyone help please?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• cdaniel
                • Jun 2001

Oh my. I appreciate your input, but I have to hire someone to do this. If this is the only solution then I guess I'll have to live with the problem. Any other ideas?
                Last edited by cdaniel; Sat 5 Jan '13, 4:19am.

Comment