• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boogie box high
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Forum hacked

Hello,

my forum was hacked, have no access to any function anymore, if I click on links "they" redirect me to this website http://breakthrufundraising.com/ezzi.html , so no access to admincp, also images and icons are not visible. All files are here but some seems to be changed

No any changes done in the last few months.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by boogie box high
    Hello,

my forum was hacked, have no access to any function anymore, if I click on links "they" redirect me to this website http://breakthrufundraising.com/ezzi.html , so no access to admincp, also images and icons are not visible. All files are here but some seems to be changed

No any changes done in the last few months.
    Check your index file for any redirect codes and/or the template table. Also overwrite all your forum files with a fresh set from a new vb package your forum version. That would take care to clean up any infected/injected file/s. Also it would be best to contact your host and to ask them to check their access logs for around the time of the hack to see if there will be any info as to how they got in. Another thing would be to do a thorough check up of your server space for any backdoor files and the likes.

P.s. What version of vb are you using btw? If you are not already using the latest version, it would be best to upgrade your forum a.s.a.p.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

To check a site for compromises follow these steps:

1) Run Suspect File Diagnostics under Maintenance -> Diagnostics. Replace any files not containing the expected contents. Delete any files that are not part of vBulletin and that you can't identify as belonging to your addons.

2) Check the config.php for any suspicious code. It isn't checked by the suspect file diagnostic.

3) Search all templates for iframe tags. They should only appear in the following templates: bbcode_video, editor-ie.css, member.css, stylegenerator.css, vbcms.css, vbulletin.css, help_bbcodes, humanverify_recaptcha, search_common, and search_common_select_type

4) Check all your plugins for rogue include, require, include_once, or require_once code. All files should come from your server and be known to you. See step #7

5) Check your plugins for any base64 code. I recommend using against using any plugins or products that include base64 code in them. However some "lite" or branded addons will include this as a means to prevent you from cheating the author. You'll have to make a personal call on these if you use them. This is often a sign of a hacked site.

6) Make sure that your plugins do not include calls to exec(), system(), or pass_thru() or iframes. These are also often signs of a hacked site.

The following query can be run in phpMyAdmin and will provide results for steps 5 and 6 -
      SELECT title, phpcode, hookname, product FROM plugin WHERE phpcode LIKE '%base64%' OR phpcode LIKE '%exec%' OR phpcode LIKE '%system%' OR phpcode like '%pass_thru%' OR phpcode like '%iframe%';

If you a plugin that you can't read or the code is obfuscated then you should probably contact the addon author. If it is assigned to the vBulletin, vBulletin CMS, vBulletin Blog or Skimlink products, delete it.

7) Using PHPMyAdmin run this query: SELECT styleid, title, template FROM template WHERE template LIKE '%base64%' OR template LIKE '%exec%' OR template LIKE '%system%' OR template like '%pass_thru%' OR template like '%iframe%';

It checks the templates for compromising code. You will need to review the results from this. If you can't read it or the code is obfuscated then you should revert the template in the Admin CP.

8) Check .htaccess to make sure there are no redirects there.

9) Check all plugins in reference to cache or cookies. If they are similar to any of the above, delete them.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...