Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bellsy
    • Nov 2006

mysql_connect error in VB and Forum Runner

I originally posted this on the wrong forum.....so here goes my request for help.
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Unknown MySQL server host 'p50mysql333.secureserver.net' (1)
    /home/content/b/e/l/bellsy4139/html/ThePenShop/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Sunday, November 18th 2012 @ 03:14:05 AM
    Error Date : Sunday, November 18th 2012 @ 03:14:05 AM
    Script : http://www.thepenshop.net/ajax.php
    Referrer : http://www.thepenshop.net/index.php
    IP Address : 65.93.146.10
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

Currently running Version 3.8.7

I have been getting emails today with similar error messages as posted above. This error problem started this morning with this error above being the first and during the rest of the day I have had another 12 errors since.

No idea where to even start looking to fix it?

No updates have been added to the site in quite some time. A site back up was done # 21 days ago. It's just been business as usual until today.

Thanks
    Since this post yesterday here is what I have found to be a common problem.....Forum Runner. Please don't ask me to go to the Forum Runner support site (bad joke getting support), Forum Runner is a part of VB when I purchased it, so the problem is now part of VB in my eyes. Please show me othersise if I am wrong, I will accept to being misinformed.

What I have found is that the IP's I have been getting posted in my error emails are actually the IP's from members on my site that are using the Forum Runner App. Is this going to turn into a he said she said kind of blame game? I'm sure other Forum Runner users want to see the issue resolved as well.
    The emails are obviously coming from the VB I am currently running as warnings. (VB 3.8.7)

Is it a VB error or is it an error between VB and the Forum Runner App? Bigger heads should know where to look.

Thanks
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Is the host it is looking for (p50mysql333.secureserver.net) the exact same one you have listed in your config.php file?

I would suspect it probably is- in which case the error is saying it can't find that web server- this would be an issue to bring up with your web host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...