Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lamur2
    • Apr 2005

Switched server, some people are not getting e-mails

I moved my website onto a new server last tuesday and I am still having people complaining about not getting e-mails. I am getting them just fine and I believe the majority of people are getting them just fine. But there are some that are not. I run 3.8.7 and want to know what maybe I should check to see why they are not getting their e-mails? Their profile is fine.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Check your server email logs. When I switched servers recently, I had the same problem and had to look in the logs to see what was going on. It turns out some hosts were rejecting my emails because they "cannot find your reverse hostname". So, I had to fix that issue and now emails are going out fine.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• lamur2
      • Apr 2005

How did you fix the reverse hostname issue?

Comment

• betterthanyours
        • May 2012

You might want to check your hosts IP address is not banned on some email hosts for spamming (ran into this issue recently for a client)
        http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lamur2
          How did you fix the reverse hostname issue?
          After googling the issue, I found that I needed to ask my host to do something on their end. So, I put in a ticket and it was done within minutes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• lamur2
            • Apr 2005

Thats what I did and they got it done for me. Thanks Lynne!
            Originally posted by Lynne
            After googling the issue, I found that I needed to ask my host to do something on their end. So, I put in a ticket and it was done within minutes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...